Thread: Pregabalin

Pregabalin

Hi I am new to this forum. Having been on Citalopram up to the highest dose then Sertraline up to the highest dose I have had no relief from nausea, runs, and anxiety and depression over the past 7 months, in fact SSRI's exacerbated the symptoms. I am now about to start Pregabalin, having spent 10 weeks reducing my SSRI dose. I have very bad nausea, runs and anxiety worse than ever. I am very frightened of taking pregabalin due to possible side effects and the fact I feel it is my last hope. I have a good life so this should not be happening. Any comments on the above are very welcome as this is completely debilitating. Thanks. Kathy.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Kathy28 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Pregabalin

Hi Kathy and welcome.

What a rough ride you've had, it sounds awful. I had a similar experience with Citalopram and my psychiatrist decided that I would probably respond to all SSRIs in the same way. There are others on this site who have been through similar hell to you only to eventually be told their bodies couldn't tolerate SSRIs. It's horrible that you've been through seven months of it. Pregabalin works differently I think and hopefully will be gentler for you. I expect there's people in the pregabalin section who can also provide their experiences and support.

Really hope things start looking up for you soon.

Thread Information