Thread: New to No More Panic

Smile New to No More Panic

Hi - my name is Lucy and i am 19 years old.
    I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression in August and since then have tried 2 medications, CBT counselling and help from a 'disability advisor' at my university.
    I believe that i had suffered with anxiety and depression for a year prior to my diagnosis but that I have always had the tendency to panic and have generally been quite an anxious person since i was really little.
    I suffered with IBS for 6 months before i realised it was causing me serious anxiety and it wasnt until then when i asked for medical help, and then after a lot of counselling that i realised that my anxiety stemmed from a long time ago (as it often has an underlying reason).
    I am currently doing really well considering the difficult year that i have had, however like all those with anxiety, i still experience times where i feel i am going backwards instead of forwards and so i have decided to join No More Panic so that if i have any particular issues, i can communicate with people on here that may have, or be going through the same thing.
    I hope that at the same time i will be able to help others in similar situations that i have found myself in, and that i have successfully overcome, and hopefully by sharing my stories i will be able to give useful information and tips to overcome others' feelings of anxiety and panic.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya lbhardy_ and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New to No More Panic

Hi and welcome welcome: it is great to be able to have a place like this to communicate with similar people . 😊

Re: New to No More Panic

Hi there am new here I am 43 and have both mental and physical health problems

Thread Information