Thread: lower right pain

lower right pain

Please does anyone get pain low on rt. In pelvic area. I have had pains usually left sided and ib am so afrsid. Had an pelvic and abdo scan recently all clear. But still have pain. Had ct of abdo pelvis and mri pelvis just a year ago but I am so afraid. The pain even goes into groin. Normal ibs pains moving also. Have been very stressed for long time now with various health worries. Can ibs go onto lower right as well as left. Seems confined to small specific area. I have not got uti and they checked appendix in scans. I have no temperature.

If this is familiar to anyone please help

Re: lower right pain

I have similar pains, been happening for 3 weeks now, and not getting better. No other symptoms, so no temperature or nausea. Doctor examined me and said I was fine but hasn't done any scans. I'm scared of appendix problems. I'd love to know what else it could be.

Please help are there any other low right pain sufferers. It is almost over pubic area. No uti and scans clear so scared it is my ovaries. Gynae said mine were so small he could not see them which is normal after menopause. I am so frightened

Hi, I've also had intermittent lower right sided abdominal pain. It started a year ago with a vague pressure type pains. I had a transvaginal scan and my ovaries were fine, strangely the pain went away for 6 months. Three months ago is reappeared and I had a cramping pain that lasted about 15 seconds then lifted. Since then I've had the pressure sensation back sometimes for a few days then they disappear again for a few weeks. Last Wednesday after dinner, I sat on the settee and got a sharp pain in that area, followed by a few smaller ones. The whole thing has kind of settled down gain but I'm off to my gynaecologist tomorrow for another vaginal scan and am also asking my GP for an abdominal scan to check out appendix and other organs. I'm also scared it is an appendix issue and have read about appendix cancer! I've suffered from health anxiety for many years and am always thinking the worse. I've been fortunate that most of my fears have been unfounded. It's comforting to hear that others have suffered the same and also some of the same symptoms.

ps, I'm also postmenopausal and my ovaries have also shrunken which is normal ... I have had interstitial cystitis which is an autoimmune disorder, which may account for some pressure pain, but never had the cramping or shooting pains with it. Has anyone had an abdominal ultrasound with clear results?
    Last edited by WiseMonkey; 24-02-16 at 23:21.

Hi, yes i had abdominal and pelvic ultrasound recently and all clear. Still have pains and infact they are now over larger area lower left as well. Bit constipated at times.

I too worry so much about cancer and also worry it is round appendix area where it joins bowel as that is where my pain is though in also read it is not a common site.
    Let me know how you get on

Had ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and all clear, she did a good scan of appendix which looked normal, so that's good. The pain pressure sensation actually disappeared for 8 days, and has now returned.

I have an appointment with the Gastroenterologist next week, so will see what comes of that, it would be good to get a solution after a year of this... thinking positive

Thread Information