Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: agraphobia

agraphobia

hi any body eles suffer agraphobia & would like to help eachother out please let me know i dont want to fight alone anymore i havent got the strenth anymore xx[V]

t bennett

U may like to try the chat room after 9pm tonight

Loads will be in then

Nicola

Hi Twinkle

Hope you took Nics advice and went to the chat room to get some support and to talk to others.

There are numerous posts on here about that, read them all and i am sure you will see you are not going to be doing it alone anymore.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

my sister suffered with this couldnt go out the front door at one time now goes off on holiday to disneyland paris by train and goes out and about it takes a long time but do it bit buy bit she used towalk to the end of the drive waqy and come back in, then down the road, but this was over a period of weeks or so, so dont try and do it all at once, you will do it and if you can have someone with you it will help. karen

Hi Twinkle,
    I have suffered from Agoraphobia and panic attacks for the last 3 years for 2 years i never stepped foot outside my front door but at the beginning of Febuary i started a course of CBT throught No More Panic and i have over the past two weeks been going out until i got to the stage today that i went for a walk around my estate it was a big thing for me and i never thought i'd be able to do it again.

So my point is firstly your not alone and you can get better ..
    Plus i highly recommend the No More Panic cbt.

Goodluck

Take care
    Maxine

I've suffered for 7 years, mind you I don't think it's a good idea to organise a meeting lol.

Seriously though I find that a sense of humour helps me through the blackets of times.

Hi Twinkle,

I have suffered from agrophobia, but it is much better than it was.

I still cant do certain things without panicking before I do them, like a big shop in Tesco. I do make myself go though. The problem cant be tackled by hiding from it.

If you want to chat.. feel free to PM me or I am on MSN if you are

Jude

hmm, I wish this one was more active [V] Ive been diagnosed with it back in Dec. 2003 and until recentely it got really bad.. and im barely leaving my apartment. I wish I could talk to others who also suffer from this.

I can understand this one all too well, since October ive had my worst ever bout of agoraphobia. I think my recent episode was brought on by being out of work for 5 weeks, which bought on a massive panic attack. Prior to that id had the best 10 months in a very long time. Ive taken things slowly since October, in the begining I was anxious 24/7, but eventually this subsided, mostly by positive thinking, the fact i went back to my old job and also the fact that i actually realised that being anxious all the time, although unpleasant was not causing me any harm. Gradually I pushed myself further and further and although im still not travelling great distances, I can see there is light at the end of the tunnel. Another great help was a book by called Embracing the Fear: Learning to Manage Anxiety and Panic Attacks by Judith Bemis & Amr Barrada highy recommended reading. This book helped me to accept that I have a condition and to realise that I can live with it, it also made me realise that wanting a cure today, this very instant is impossible, working at things slowly and allowing yourself bad days is a much better approach. Make the most of the days when you are feeling good and push yourself a little. But dont beat yourself up on the days when you cant face going out, accept that its not a good day, leave it at that. Allow yourself the time to recover at your own pace. All this is from someone who even 4wks ago got stressed out about driving up the road and back, at that point I thought I would never go out again. 6 wks ago I bottled out of taking my daugher to a dental appointment, yesterday I drove to the same dentist to make an appointment for myself, I could have just phoned.

Sorry for the waffle, I hope in all that somewhere you can make some sense.

June x

long term panic/anxiety sufferer with mild/medium agoraphobia.

Algrose - you post on here and you will gets responses.

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Little steps - but be consistent about it and you will progress .

Read this thread through for some inspiration
    Maxine's cbt progress.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information