Thread: Pregnant?!

Pregnant?!

Guys,

Recently the condom broke and i took the morning after pill.My anxiety has been a lot better over the past year but obviously this is a bit of a concern for me. I am trying to be reasonable, but this is the first time I have needed to take the morning after pill so i feel like I need to speak to someone about it.

I came on my period a few days later, but it was MUCH lighter than usual. At first I was just relieved I had come on.. but then i was reading about the morning after pill on the NHS website and it said that if your period is lighter than normal you could still be pregnant and you should go to the doctors. So obviously this scared me.

I have a pregnancy test, but it says i can't do it till 4 days before my period. Do I have to wait till next month or can I do it now since I have already kind of had a period? The unprotected sex was 2 weeks ago now. I am also feeling very bloated and achy but I don't know if I am way over thinking things.

Re: Pregnant?!

Hi

The bloated and achy could be stress from the situation you are in or a result of morning after pill. I am not sure of the reliability of a home pregnancy test after taking the morning after pill. If it was me I would wait until my next period was due and test then and trust me I have taken a test after spending a week in tears thinking I was pregnant and it didn't affect the result (it was negative but my stressing delayed everything).

Hope you feel better

Clare

Hi,
    Did your period come on time? X

Hi,

yes, it was just a lot lighter than usual x

Well that's a good sign. I know everyone is different but usually you don't ovulate so close to your period. Also it may be lighter because of the pill and or stress x

If i am right the morning after pill works by shredding the womb lining to stop fertilised eggs embedding into them, so that may have made you lighter. I would still test in a week or so just to put your mind at rest

I think I remember reading that it could alter your period when I took it last year. Wouldn't hurt to take the test just for peace of mind.

When I was pregnant, the only symptom I had was no period. No bleeding whatsoever and I had just recovered from pneumonia and was on microgynon so put the illness down to my period being late especially since I had never missed a pill either. I had no nausea, no bloating, boobs were the same size and all that jazz so I was gobsmacked when the pregnancy test came back positive (literally, I collapsed in shock!) so just because you have symptoms like bloating doesn't mean you should worry about pregnancy just yet. Nerves can cause your stomach to play up and lead to bloating and nausea. The fact you had some bleeding, even though it was lighter than usual is a good sign too you aren't pregnant but you should be ok to do a test now. If you do one but still don't feel confident that it might be the right result then do another a week from the last or go to your doctor for a test but honestly, I think you'll be fine.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Thread Information