Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

Thanks all. I have a doctors appointment hits day and meet with a psychiatrist in two weeks and plan to bring up my concerns then.

I definitely had increased anxiety, I felt awful, skin felt like it was burning, nausea, and I'd jerk awake a lot at night. These were new anxiety symptoms for me. I'm concerned about getting worse before I get better and fretting over side effects - especially as side effect concerns of a different med is what reawakened my HA.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Hi I have started on citalopram 3 days ok and hope ya ok be good to hear other peoples experiences.my doc prescribed me with anti sickness tabs so I think they have helped here if u wana chat

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Thanks all. I have a doctors appointment hits day and meet with a psychiatrist in two weeks and plan to bring up my concerns then.

I definitely had increased anxiety, I felt awful, skin felt like it was burning, nausea, and I'd jerk awake a lot at night. These were new anxiety symptoms for me. I'm concerned about getting worse before I get better and fretting over side effects - especially as side effect concerns of a different med is what reawakened my HA.
    It's often the case we have to pass through this, I'm afraid.

It's bound to challenge those HA patterns of thinking but please try to remember a lot of us go through exactly the same and come out the other side and it starts helping.

Bleh.

I guess I'm concerned about weaning on and off the drug as well - since my HA seemed to go away once before I figured that maybe it would again. But, I've had other instances of anxiety/depression in between so maybe I do need something more long term? Idk. I'll ask my doctor and the psych and do what they advise.

Beckie - good to see you and good that you started your med! Seems like it'll be rough to start but I do hope it does you some good.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thankyou poppy it was very hard to make that first step and take the first pill.but I've started now and will let u no how I get on.its still scarey but the way I was I thought what have I got to loose x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information