Thread: Have I Killed Myself From Laying Around?

Have I Killed Myself From Laying Around?

I am 61 and was hospitalized a year ago with tachycardia. After I got out I came home and started laying around on the couch most days ,some days I would go for a walk but in the last few months I have not. I get up and do little things here and there in the house and take showers and also go out for a few minutes but no exercise to speak of. Now I find that I get out of breath easy and my heart pounds with doing much.

I am terrified that I have killed myself from inactivity. Can I get my health back if I start doing more or trying to do more or is it too late?
    As far as I know I don't have any heart issues or nothing but scared that I might now since I haven't done anything in awhile also haven't been to the doctor in six months.

Re: Have I Killed Myself From Laying Around?

I always feel better when I get up and move. Try to walk for 20 min a day and work your way up when you feel better. If your really worried go see a dr and and for his instruction on how to get back in shape. Remember we the golden rule! An object at rest will stay at rest. An object in motion will stay in motion. It's never too late to get yourself feelin better

It's never too late. There are people older than you that take up things like jogging!

Given your age and health issues you really want to have a chat with your doctor to see what they suggest BUT human beings evolved to keep moving, our bodies need it.

When going to my doctor every month , I used to tell him I walked everyday and he never said that I shouldn't .As a matter of fact he told me that was good. Although I haven't done it lately because of weather issues pretty much .. I worry that if I start again I might get too out of breath and get tachycardia again but I will try again. If I asked my doctor about walking ,im sure he would encourage it. I suppose since I haven't done it lately I worry that I might be to out of shape and well, it could just be anxiety causing the breathlessness ,not the walking around. I will just have to try I suppose . Thank you all for your support..

Test it out. Take it slow and build up distance & speed as you become more confident. There is no rush so you can prove to yourself that it doesn't harm you. Just no marathons at this stage, eh?

Thanks Terry I will try again

I've got out of the habit of walking lately, i must get back into it. I'm 4 years younger than you mnaha, come on we can do this lol

Still haven't done it but been a little more active doing things around the house and well the weather has been the pits but I did get out and try a few times.. will get better soon I am pretty sure.

Thread Information