Page 321 of 357 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I don't consider The Fabian Society center left, Mezz. I think you are being duped. Right from the communist manifesto (of 1963 I think) is to dominate the media. Time will tell comrade.
    Well I remember that he was a Kennedy scholar at Harvard and he had something to do with the Fabian Society. However he was very much, in the UK, wedded to the New Labour project which was advocating a 'Third Way' in politics that was Blairs legacy and very much of the Centre Left. So Im guessing you might say his chairmanship of the Fabian Society is duping me but what he has done in politics has been very centrist. He was behind the indepednance of the Bank of England which has been a brilliant piece of reformation and means that our politicians can not now influence Bank Rates very easily if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Corbyn is way way left of Balls
    But who's?

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Well I remember that he was a Kennedy scholar at Harvard and he had something to do with the Fabian Society. However he was very much, in the UK, wedded to the New Labour project which was advocating a 'Third Way' in politics that was Blairs legacy and very much of the Centre Left. So Im guessing you might say his chairmanship of the Fabian Society is duping me but what he has done in politics has been very centrist. He was behind the indepednance of the Bank of England which has been a brilliant piece of reformation and means that our politicians can not now influence Bank Rates very easily if at all.
    Yep, centre left. The current lurch to the left of Labour would dislike Balls for being moderate. Since all US politics is supposed to be further to the right of us perhaps our moderates appear further left? I come out centre right in online tests but in the US I would probably be left as I'm not far over the line.

Changing gears. I see Sir Mick Jagger chose to have his recent heart surgery in NY instead of London. Does that have anything to do with the NHS?

...good point Terry btw...as usual

Changing gears. I see Sir Mick Jagger chose to have his recent heart surgery in NY instead of London. Does that have anything to do with the NHS?
    Rich people don't use the NHS, N! Would they sit in queues for months with the rest of us? If he had it done here it would still be private.

So on another strand.

Is Barr being partisan? regards the Mueller report. There seems to be a lot of conflicting reporting coming out of the USA. I'm also assuming that some folks are still reading the 400+ pages

N, what's the feel about Brexit from the Irish in America? Are they against it on principle and lobbying?

https://townhall.com/columnists/patb...hment-n2545182

As usual Buchanan gets it exactly right. Please read...and digest.

Hi Terry!

Good question about the Irish in America. Do you mean actual Irish living in America or Americans of Irish descent? Of which I'm one...along with German, Scotch, and English. A real mutt.

N.

https://townhall.com/columnists/patb...hment-n2545182

As usual Buchanan gets it exactly right. Please read...and digest.

Hi Terry!

Good question about the Irish in America. Do you mean actual Irish living in America or Americans of Irish descent? Of which I'm one...along with German, Scotch, and English. A real mutt.

N.

Possibly both but maybe more the Irish descent. I've seen some articles about them lobbying Irish descent senators about the hard border issue in NI/ROI. And now we have Pelosi over here schooling us about not starting up the troubles again, something that will likely be met with laughter given the carving up of the Middle East, and how none of us want the terrorism back.

One of her party mentioned passing through military check points in the 1980's and made an ignorant comment about how he doubted anyone voting Leave would have an experience like that. This is laughable as it shows complete ignorance of the UK. The older generations voted Leave and they are the ones that full well remember the troubles. I was younger but remember the terrorism on the mainland. Many NI residents actually voted Leave and I think they would know more about the history of living in NI than some trumped up suit who only visited.

So, the whole Russian meddling thing then...a load of BS after all? How many millions have you seen wasted out of that? Perhaps the next call should be for in investigation into why there was an investigation? Determine whether public money has been wasted due to the desperation of the anti Trump brigade?

They will still say they are right. The conspiracy nuts can twist anything they want. But the lack of evidence will just be a "no smoke without fire" thing to those who are blinded.

What have been the impacts of this big cloud hanging over you all? It will certainly be something to remind voters about when the next elections come, how the dirty tricks brigade tried their best and failed. I can't see this being a good look to the moderates who might question the ethics behind what might be called a witch hunt.

Will the US issue an apology to the people of Russia? The false accusations have surely caused some international friction, not that the likes of Putin are bothered by allegations...anyone at that level knows full well it's all a big chess game and meddling in the affairs of other countries is what big nations do. Some South American countries might take issue with the virtuous in the US moaning about Russian meddling.

Page 321 of 357 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast

Thread Information