Page 349 of 357 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

I obviously don’t live in the US but for me I think Trumps taking this one. I could obviously be wrong but I know where I’d put my money if I had to.

Well, right now Gary with the amount of mail-in ballots, we probably won't know who wins for awhile. The uncertainty won't be fun. There will be protests no matter who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I obviously don’t live in the US but for me I think Trumps taking this one. I could obviously be wrong but I know where I’d put my money if I had to.
    I agree. Biden doesn't seem so special. The Democrats need to put up better nominees. But is he just a puppet anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I agree. Biden doesn't seem so special. The Democrats need to put up better nominees. But is he just a puppet anyway?
    I don’t think it matters who they put up to be honest. It’s all the same hymn sheet. Call Trump racist, tell black people if they don’t vote for him that “they ain’t black”, lather rinse and repeat. It’s not so much the candidate as it is the same tired and, frankly, boring rhetoric about racism and Covid.

You’d think that after 4 years they’d have a bit more of a better argument against Trump, but no, it’s the same ones they tried 4 years ago.

Biden won the primaries. Most people in the US are like yourself, Gary. They're neither "right" or "left". They're a mixture of the two and so Biden, being a moderate, despite what Trump says, appealed to them. Others I believed voted for him in the primaries because they thought that his experience would help him edge out Trump, who has none except these previous four years. They're both puppets--Biden and Trump. That's why our two-party system sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I don’t think it matters who they put up to be honest. It’s all the same hymn sheet. Call Trump racist, tell black people if they don’t vote for him that “they ain’t black”, lather rinse and repeat. It’s not so much the candidate as it is the same tired and, frankly, boring rhetoric about racism and Covid.

You’d think that after 4 years they’d have a bit more of a better argument against Trump, but no, it’s the same ones they tried 4 years ago.
    Yes, you would think they would considering for every person voting Biden to change course there is another voting Trump because they are sick of the labelling.

But, like over here, a lot of politicians seem to have descended from the ostrich.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post

From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. The first Republican they've endorced since 1972:

Let’s look at the Trump record:

Under Donald Trump the economy, pre-COVID, boomed, like no time since the 1950s. Look at your 401(k) over the past three years.

Unemployment for Black Americans is lower than it has ever been, under any president of either party.

Under Mr. Trump, our trade relationships have vastly improved and our trade deals have been rewritten. Thanks to him, middle America is on the map again and the Appalachian and hourly worker has some hope.

Has Mr. Trump done enough for these struggling fellow citizens? No. But he recognized them. Maybe he was not articulate, but he recognized their pain.

No one ever asked the American people, or the people in “flyover,” country, if they wanted to send their jobs abroad — until Mr. Trump. He has moved the debate, in both parties, from free trade, totally unfettered, to managed, or fair, trade. He has put America first, just as he said he would.

He also kept his promise to appoint originalists to the Supreme Court of the United States. His third appointment, Amy Coney Barrett, is the best of all — a jurist whose mind and character and scholarship ARE first class. We hope she stands against both judicial and executive excess.

Finally, let’s talk about one of the most important concerns in this region — energy. Under Mr. Trump the United States achieved energy independence for the first time in the lifetimes of most of us. Where would Western Pennsylvania be without the Shell Petrochemical Complex (the “cracker plant”)?

But the Biden-Harris ticket offers us higher taxes and a nanny state that will bow to the bullies and the woke who would tear down history rather than learning from history and building up the country.

It offers an end to fracking and other Cuckoo California dreams that will cost the economy and the people who most need work right now. “Good-paying green jobs” are probably not jobs for Pittsburgh, or Cleveland, or Toledo, or Youngstown.

It offers softness on China, which Mr. Trump understands is our enemy.

Mr. Biden is too old for the job, and fragile. There is a very real chance he will not make it through the term. Mr. Trump is also too old but seemingly robust. But in Mike Pence, Mr. Trump has a vice president ready to take over, if need be. He is a safe pair of hands. Sen. Kamala Harris gives no evidence of being ready to be president.

2 MORE DAYS! 90 million have already voted early (my wife and I included) or sent in their absentee ballots. We've surpassed 2/3rds of votes cast during 2016! Early exit polling has Biden in a clear advantage. Trump's strategy of placing doubt in the voting system and the USPS seems to have played against him. If reports, videos and images of polling places are any indication, there will be a change of the guard come Tuesday.

We'll see.... ByeDon 2020!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 349 of 357 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351 ... LastLast

Thread Information