Page 334 of 357 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Well...what has changed? We've had the right to self defense by firearm here for over 200 years but only in recent years have we had mass shootings. What has changed? Is it a coincidence that many of the young perpetrators of mass shootings have been heavily into ultraviolent video games? Many have been on psych drugs too. I ask that question in all sincerity. What has changed because gun ownership hasn't.

And for those who claim the President is racist back it up. Because the left has leveled the charge so often they've rendered it meaningless.
    Nothing has changed for the worse. (still a problem obviously). Gun violence is in fact, much lower than it was 30-50 years ago. We've always had lots of guns and lots of murders.

There's more news now. More pictures. Videos. Global reach.

As for Trump's racism, I already posted links above that explain it in great detail better than any post here could. If you still can't see it you're simply choosing to ignore reality. A way to avoid cognitive dissonance perhaps.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Don't cop out. Simply telling me that I choose not to believe something isn't backing it up. Neither is telling me to go look at some link you attached. You made the claim so you back it up. I don't think you can.

Here's a link... Jesse Jackson praising Donald Trump's for a lifetime of service helping African Americans...we can spend all day passing links back and forth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Nothing has changed for the worse. (still a problem obviously). Gun violence is in fact, much lower than it was 30-50 years ago. We've always had lots of guns and lots of murders.

There's more news now. More pictures. Videos. Global reach.
    Does that include the mass killings?

Videogames exist in every country but mass killings mainly only in USA
    You cant blame Videogames

Access to Guns has to be part of the problem, surely

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Videogames exist in every country but mass killings mainly only in USA
    You cant blame Videogames

Access to Guns has to be part of the problem, surely
    It's not a direct comparison though. To understand the impact would mean looking at wider violence, not guns. The same with violent films.

There will be some truth in it. If you take someone with serious personality disorders and add such things there could be triggers and desensitisation to violence. But the same with violent films and there have been studies into that in young people.

So straight away we need to separate video game root causes into pots of the vulnerable and the general population. Otherwise it's no different from suggesting we need to ban lorries because of terrorists, who some argue are also vulnerable and potentially mentally unwell themselves. Now we can easily say lorries are needed, guns aren't, (for mass purposes and because of the low rate of crime) but we could easily change that to alcohol and the impact on vulnerable/addicts and violence to others & themselves.

Has every mass shooter been mentally unwell? Separate out the well but violent racist/nationalist types too (again some of these will fit into the unwell category). Separate out the PTSD veterans running amok types as they are more easily understood. Then what is left? That is what is needed to legislate because otherwise it's just a convenient excuse, and the US media has been guilty of overinflating gun crime figures in this area.

If it's just people who can be found through psychological testing then you can deal with them as a separate piece of legislation to the wider issue of guns in the general population and the issues of crime. If not, we also need to start banning knives & swords because we've had cases of such crimes over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Don't cop out. Simply telling me that I choose not to believe something isn't backing it up. Neither is telling me to go look at some link you attached. You made the claim so you back it up. I don't think you can.

Here's a link... Jesse Jackson praising Donald Trump's for a lifetime of service helping African Americans...we can spend all day passing links back and forth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE
    The link is an article that describes several situations Trump was in over the course of his lifetime, including eyewitness accounts. What more "backing it up" do you want? You expect me to type several pages of text out here? That's what the link is for. You are the one copping out with "oh there's no evidence in this post".

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Does that include the mass killings?
    Yes, at least if measured by the "4 or more" that seems to be the general standard. I remember seeing some stats about that from one of our previous large mass shootings a year or two ago. It may be that the bigger ones with dozens of victims are more common, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Yes, at least if measured by the "4 or more" that seems to be the general standard. I remember seeing some stats about that from one of our previous large mass shootings a year or two ago. It may be that the bigger ones with dozens of victims are more common, not sure.

Therefore if mass shootings are actually falling the issue is the media.

But is there evidence of this drop going back decades or just a couple of years? A couple of years won't be enough to examine the video game/movies/mental health drugs issues as it could be a temporary dip. But if the US has figures for mass shootings like this going back decades that show the same numbers as now then the problem can't be things like video games, movies and unlikely changes in mental health management. It would point to a more general issue with the availability of guns and no root cause that is triggering these people that has emerged due to modern social change.

I wonder what the figures were like pre 1900? Back in the days of the six shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    But is there evidence of this drop going back decades or just a couple of years? A couple of years won't be enough to examine the video game/movies/mental health drugs issues as it could be a temporary dip. But if the US has figures for mass shootings like this going back decades that show the same numbers as now then the problem can't be things like video games, movies and unlikely changes in mental health management. It would point to a more general issue with the availability of guns and no root cause that is triggering these people that has emerged due to modern social change.
    Yes, you're right that's one way to prove those boogeymen to be boogeymen, but it's not needed. We can also see that all countries have video games, movies, and mental health patients yet don't have high murder or mass shooting/mass murder rates. The difference is they don't have unfettered access to firearms.

Generally speaking, violence statistics in the US has shown a significant decline in the 90s onward and leveling out lately. The 60s and 70s usually have massively worse numbers (not sure about before then). For example, my home city of Chicago oft-maligned for murders and shootings (and definitely a problem here) has about 500 or so murders a year lately. But in the 60a and 70s it used to be around 900 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    ( from an idea by MrsCav )

When a Blue Whale trumps
    The bubbles are big enough
    To fit a horse inside

When Donald opens his mouth
    The prejudice is big enough
    To fit his head inside

With German Grandparents
    He might get the hump
    His german name is Donald Drumpf

With his Trumpeted towers
    His names in the air
    Its not the Americans but everyone else he scares

He’s planning to build a Mexican wall
    He’s for banning migrants, Arabs and all
    As we listen to his amercian drawl
    His ideas make my skin crawl

He’s planning his run for President
    He’s named all the folks he resents
    Donalds part of the Silent Majority
    With plans that don’t seem part of Democracy

He can insult everyone in a room
    He can call down that Obama is doom
    Donalds openly said one reason he's rich
    Dealing with Politicians is part of his Shtick

Hes got Sarah Palin on his side
    The Tea Party along for the ride
    Hes going to track all Muslims on a Database
    Wow, this Donald Trump isn’t he Ace !!!!

He’s got money that’s for sure
    All that’s great about American’s he ensures
    He’s got a wig that wags like an American flag
    He’s got a well fed belly over his trousers it sags
    President in Waiting Donald Trump y’all
    Believes Hilary and Obama created ISIS n’all
    Believes hes going to protect Christianity
    and we can see that the Pope really agrees …………………

Donald Duck
    You’re in the firing line
    Without your shtick
    We’ll do just fine.

**END**
    I like your poem,mezzaninedoor

Page 334 of 357 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344 ... LastLast

Thread Information