Page 11 of 357 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

We're going back to traditional British values such as invading other countries & plundering. Well maybe not that but we will be keeping up the moaning.

We can always have a revolution, our rich & famous have been doing so much tax avoiding I'm sure they could bail us out once we start marching on their mansions with our pitchforks & burning torches.

We are doing quite a bit of work investing in China at the moment so it wouldn't surprise me if we looked towards getting more "in" with them given they are taking over the planet at the moment.

I guess we could always go back to finding something to export, like a bit of coal.

Not sure though really. Some of the big economic advisory companies are more positive about it all saying they think it has been exaggerated so it may not be as bad as we have been told.

Yep, rather than do what a good PM should do and give us a good foundation by working it all through he has spat his dummy and gone. I wonder whether he was considering that before? He was unlikely to go another term.

Plundering sounds like a good idea.
    Better get yourself some armour

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I'm declaring today, the day of The Purge!

Fishmanpa, I am with you. And honestly I don't know how I'd feel about having a president who sinks to that level of kindergarten name-calling.

Well I do know. I would be pretty embarrassed.

Where's the respect and decency? And the fact that people are okay with this type of behavior is really disappointing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Serious question: Why is it that Trump and those that support him use name calling? "Crooked is it ok coming from tillary", "Little Marco", "Pocahontas", "Lyin' Ted", "HELLery", "Obummer" etc.

It's something that grade school kids do. Regardless of my feelings about a sitting president or those in office, I will show respect. Maybe it's just me but name calling just seems to be the most juvenile way of showing disrespect.

Positive thoughts
    Because it works. Btw...the Hellery/Bernie crowd is referring to Trump as Hitler Racist Homophobe Anti Woman Xenophobic...or is it ok coming from them?

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

http://christiantimesnewspaper.com/b...go-protesters/

And this is just typical behavior of democrats at Trump rallies. Another story I'll bet you never heard of because the mainstream media is covering this stuff up.

N.

Most of the American population have been calling him OBummer for the last 8 yrs
    Nothing new

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Those are personality traits and personal beliefs not school yard names. But whatever... There's no such thing as a cordial and open political discussion. We'll see what happens in November....

Positive thoughts

Wait a minute, Fishmanpa...so you think calling someone Obummer is worse than calling someone Hitler?

Obama won in 2012 51% to 47%... Ironically, it's those 47% (not the 47% Mitt referred to in that infamous speech caught on video) that are doing the name calling. I was one of the 2% that wrote my vote in! Always voted as my heart dictated... never the lesser of two evils.

That's what scares me the most. There's a lot of hate and paranoia being spewed concerning building a wall, banning Muslims etc. and it's the heart of those in agreement that scares and saddens me.

Positive thoughts

Let me refresh your memory...911 over 3000dead, Fort Hood 13 dead over 30 Wounded, Benghazi 4 Dead, 1 Woman Beheaded at work in Oklahoma, San Bernardino - 14 Dead, Boston Marathon 5 Dead including 2 police officers - 264 other maimed. Orlando 49 Dead dozens more wounded.

All at the hands of radical Muslims.

Trump wants to stop this carnage. What has Obummer done to stop it? He increased the flow of so called Muslim refugees into the country - unchecked - who by the way raped an 11 year old girl at knife point and then urinated on her last week in Idaho. But I'm sure you never saw that story on ABC CBS NBC PBS NY Times WAPO...

Trump said he wanted to stop the flow of unfettered Muslims into the country until "we get a handle on what's going on." A presidents job first and foremost is to protect the citizens of HIS own country.

N.
    Last edited by Noivous; 26-06-16 at 23:39.

Amen friend.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Fishmanpa, I am with you. And honestly I don't know how I'd feel about having a president who sinks to that level of kindergarten name-calling.

Well I do know. I would be pretty embarrassed.

Where's the respect and decency? And the fact that people are okay with this type of behavior is really disappointing to me.
    It's odd, isn't it. It seems accepted these days.

It is both sides though as Noivous has stated, it's not just part of the Trump tactic and not just about this particular election either. Not even just in your country either, our media types over here do loads of name calling of your various candidates. Bush Jr used to get mocked continually when he was in office.

Once Labour MP called our PM "Dodgy Dave" not long ago when in session. The Speaker demanded he apologise and he refused so was told to leave the session. Some internal leg slapping would then take place. But by refusing to apologise it meant it would stay on record for the session. The media made a great big thing out of this saying it was great and many of the anti Tory or anti Cameron lot were virtually wetting themselves over it all on social media.

Me? I just thought it was daft. And really, when the people are calling Cameron far far worse things everyday and the media re mocking him with much crueller words, like it would bother him.

It was disrespectful, but then so is a lot of what goes on in politics. I remember one person writing underneath an article once and it's a statement from a member of the public and was spot on about our sessions. "We should take children on school trips to the House of Commons to watch them debate and when they leave we say to them 'now that's not how you should ever behave'". Try behaving like that in the workplace and you will be on the end of disciplinary warnings and end up sacked.

A question for you though. How do you feel about a president that threatened us with cutting out trade with your country? He poked the hornets nest over here with that one and made the situation worse.

---------- Post added at 05:18 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Yes, and a question is why doesn't Obama do anything about gun control? He's had plenty of time and it still seems nowhere.

It's not just about Muslims, or any other nationality because lets remember Muslim isn't a nationality and it can be damaging to view them all the same because they are potentially united by religion. I say potentially because not all Islam is the same, some are more extreme, some are moderate.

We have a debate over here about Sharia Law. Some Muslims want it in our country. We don't. But many Muslims also disagree with it here too. Many Muslims are happy to integrate into the cultures they join whilst retaining the importance of their religion. But there is a growing trend of Muslims, and this may apply to other religions too whether here or in even Muslim countries by Christians for instance, who do not intend to integrate at all. This is causing division in society. We need middle ground. And the last thing we need is schools getting caught up in this, something we have already suffered with.

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Most of the American population have been calling him OBummer for the last 8 yrs
    Nothing new
    He gets called a lot worse, eh Phill? All politicians do. It's hardly an issue for them, it's part of the job. If they complained about citizens using naughty words it would be like a policeman moaning the armed robber he was arresting called him a pig.

Noivous will be particularily amused by the fact so much of it is left wing activists rioting and shouting some very unpleasant things about them being murderers.

Crikey, when Maggie Thatcher died we had some areas putting on parties and one even burned her effigy! That was going too far.

Over here have our names too, which tend to come from the media e.g. Dodgy Dave, Conmanoran, Tony Bliar, Comrade Corbyn, Red Ed, Red Ken, etc. Jeremy Hunt & Ed Balls were no brainers and must be used to it since childhood.

Page 11 of 357 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information