Page 12 of 357 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

I liked Juliar Gillard over here and we had Jack Boots Johnny a while back

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

As long as the Don wins who cares what they call each other.
    If I could vote from here I would.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I liked Juliar Gillard over here and we had Jack Boots Johnny a while back

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

As long as the Don wins who cares what they call each other.
    If I could vote from here I would.
    Well you can vote on our petition to hold a 2nd EU referendum 20,000 penguins seemed to have voted out of the 3m so far since the votes came from Antarctica.

Not forgetting all those ones that came from North Korea too.

I wouldn't dare interfere with the mother country.
    Let Liz sort it out

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Obama has tried to push gun control through and it keeps getting blocked in congress. Not sure if you saw in the news the recent stands democrats took to even get a vote on gun control bills the past week and still was voted down by republicans.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Honestly just catching up on all these posts but I never even heard anybody call him Obummer until I read this thread. And my point wasn't about the American people but the fact that Trump is saying these things and name calling. What kind of example does that set if he is the president?

Yes...I saw that "kumbia we will overcome" sit in. It was laughable. There are thousands of gun laws on the books this president doesn't enforce now. Do you want to make more laws for him to not enforce? This administration was caught red handed funneling guns into Mexico which were later used to kill US Border Agents. There were 51 shootings in Chicago with 7 dead last weekend. All illegal guns. And Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the Nation. Btw Rahm Emanuel is the mayor of Chicago a former Obummer advisor. I'll bet you didn't hear about the on your nightly news channel.

Anyone that thinks Orlando was about gun control is delusional. Repeat after me...Radical Muslim Terrorism.

N.

This is starting to feel quite aggressive so I'll wish you well and agree to disagree ��

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    This is starting to feel quite aggressive so I'll wish you well and agree to disagree ��
    Just seems a passionate debate to me.

Obama is not popular here right now so you will see some unpleasant things about him being said from UK citizens but that's on the news feeds. People were angry that he turned on a country who are allies over our democratic vote. He just made it worse for those he came to support.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Obama has tried to push gun control through and it keeps getting blocked in congress. Not sure if you saw in the news the recent stands democrats took to even get a vote on gun control bills the past week and still was voted down by republicans.

---------- Post added at 09:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Honestly just catching up on all these posts but I never even heard anybody call him Obummer until I read this thread. And my point wasn't about the American people but the fact that Trump is saying these things and name calling. What kind of example does that set if he is the president?
    Haven't they done some sort of protest before like that to force the issue? To be honest, it was strange to see at their level. When the people do that they tend to get removed by the police.

Why is it voted down? Is it because they are against it or because it's inappropriate?

It does set the wrong example when it comes to name calling but when you consider a lack of respect compared to some of the things they do, it's minor. Besides, even we have seen Obama making jokes about Trump so how is that respectful? Both sides are at fault in some way.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 28-06-16 at 23:40. Reason: Typo

The right votes down gun control repeatedly ... It goes back to the constitutional right to bare arms. Some believe that should not apply to semi-automatic assault rifles, whereas others feel differently. I'm clearly on the left and think citizens do not need assault weapons, but others feel we need them for our own protection and that law abiding citizens should be allowed to have them. The answer lies somewhere in the middle of course.

But congress has been in this deadlock between the left and right for a long time. It comes across like stubborn children - on both sides! So for a while the majority party would not even allow votes on the issue of gun control changes. But then after the Orlando shooting some of congress decided enough is enough and tried to protest to force the vote. I actually supported their move because it's heart breaking seeing more and more people get shot every day here and nothing changes. It's not even up for discussion with some lawmakers.

So most recent was led by senators from my own state, where we had the elementary school shooting in 2012. So it's a tough and painful subject for us in Connecticut. The shooting was the town next to where I lived. And guess what? That shooter was an American and not Muslim. Neither was the guy who shot up Planned Parenthood.

I can understand why Obama doesn't have support overseas. And both sides do name call. I just think trump takes it to a new level with insulting women, Hispanic people, Islamic people, everybody.
    Last edited by swgrl09; 29-06-16 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Just seems a passionate debate to me.

Obama is not popular here right now so you will see some unpleasant things about him being said from UK citizens but that's on the news feeds. People were angry that he turned on a country who are allies over our democratic vote. He just made it worse for those he came to support.

---------- Post added at 23:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Haven't they done some sort of protest before like that to force the issue? To be honest, it was strange to see at their level. When the people do that they tend to get removed by the police.

Why is it voted down? Is it because they are against it or because it's inappropriate?

It does set the wrong example when it comes to name calling but when you consider a lack of respect compared to some of the things they do, it's minor. Besides, even we have seen Obama making jokes about Trump so how is that respectful? Both sides are at fault in some way.
    Obama is not too popular here at the moment either, Terry. Lol. Are you sure you don't live in the states friend? Your observations of the US are very astute.

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

The right votes down gun control repeatedly ... It goes back to the constitutional right to bare arms. Some believe that should not apply to automatic assault rifles, whereas others feel differently. I'm clearly on the left and think citizens do not need assault weapons, but others feel we need them for our own protection and that law abiding citizens should be allowed to have them. The answer lies somewhere in the middle of course.

But congress has been in this deadlock between the left and right for a long time. It comes across like stubborn children - on both sides! So for a while the majority party would not even allow votes on the issue of gun control changes. But then after the Orlando shooting some of congress decided enough is enough and tried to protest to force the vote. I actually supported their move because it's heart breaking seeing more and more people get shot every day here and nothing changes. It's not even up for discussion with some lawmakers.

So most recent was led by senators from my own state, where we had the elementary school shooting in 2012. So it's a tough and painful subject for us in Connecticut. The shooting was the town next to where I lived. And guess what? That shooter was an American and not Muslim. Neither was the guy who shot up Planned Parenthood.

I can understand why Obama doesn't have support overseas. And both sides do name call. I just think trump takes it to a new level with insulting women, Hispanic people, Islamic people, everybody.
    Swgirl - With all due respect...and I mean that. There is so much inaccuracy in your post it's not funny. First off you mean SEMI automatic weapons not automatic weapons there is a huge difference. Folks who are screaming ban this and ban that honestly do not understand the second amendment or guns or law abiding gun owners one iota. I could (and might tomorrow) go through your entire post bit by bit and shoot so many holes in it you would think I owned an automatic weapon...which btw are illegal in this country. But I'm tired in bed and on my phone lol. So maybe tomorrow. Of course I respect your right to your opinion. I just disagree with it.

N.

Oh and as to Trump insulting people - People on the left are calling him Hitler...as in HITLER! Is there a more vile insult you can call someone? Btw his daughter Ivanka and her 3 children (his grandchildren) are Jewish.

N.

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Obama's approval rating is at 56%. The highest it's been since the killing of Osama Bin Laden. Obama is more popular now than Presidents George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush were at this point in their presidencies, though not quite as popular as Bill Clinton in 2000. Ironic eh?

So yeah... overall he's doing better than you want to believe. But that's OK. He only has 5 months left.

Positive thoughts

Yeah right! Must be the same pollsters that told us Brexit wasn't going to hapoen.
    Last edited by Noivous; 29-06-16 at 02:13.

Page 12 of 357 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread Information