Page 203 of 357 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Surely the government has too put the banning of guns on the agenda after this latest mass shooting in Texas,bloody madness.

Will Potus leave his tour of Asia too go home and comfort the people who have been affected by this latest shooting?

Why would they do that?

Why Not?

I'm glad you asked.

Because the only thing keeping the USA the free-est nation on the planet is the absolute right of the people to keep and bear arms...and we like it that way...and plan to keep it that way.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I'm glad you asked.

Because the only thing keeping the USA the free-est nation on the planet is the absolute right of the people to keep and bear arms...and we like it that way...and plan to keep it that way.

N.
    Those guns may ensure some kind of deadlock between a state and the federal government, which I can't get my head around, but they don't do anything else as laws are imposed on you whether you want them or not just the same as they are on us.

Different times. If we had an civil war here everyone would be fighting each other and looting would be on most minds. People are very different to the folks who just picked up their spears and marched behind their Lord. The middle classes would be busy calling their lawyers for a start!

---------- Post added at 03:04 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lola-Lee View Post
    Surely the government has too put the banning of guns on the agenda after this latest mass shooting in Texas,bloody madness.

Will Potus leave his tour of Asia too go home and comfort the people who have been affected by this latest shooting?
    An awful tragedy, Lola. Young children killed. One aged 5 in surgery with multiple gunshot wounds. We can only hope the docs can save them.

I agree, part of leadership is showing up to major events like this to comfort families. I'm not sure how much use any of that is but it's just how things are. The alternative is you end up feeling like no one cares.

Well, I'll see your free and raise you one. I'd say Australians are far freer than the US, without the guns. Come and spend some time here, and you will experience a mind-blowing realization of what it means to be free, after life in the US.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Well, I'll see your free and raise you one. I'd say Australians are far freer than the US, without the guns. Come and spend some time here, and you will experience a mind-blowing realization of what it means to be free, after life in the US.
    Depends what you mean by "free", as freedom comprises many factors and elements. However, I've heard that you have some draconian laws being passed, especially concerning those receiving welfare benefits, and some of the strictest immigration laws in the world, for what is arguably the most unpopulated country and continent. Not a criticism - just an observation.

Do you have a room for Captn Skully and me? We pay for our lodgings in bitcoins, so hope that is acceptable
    Last edited by KK77; 06-11-17 at 15:51.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Isn't Australia still legally under the control of the British? From what I've read one phone call from London can dissolve your Parliament and have your PM fired. As KK said, depends what you mean by being free. If you mean freedom of speech then I don't think you have something like the 1st Amendment in Australia. Also you don't seem to have an independent foreign policy because you've followed US and Britain into every war.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I'm glad you asked.

N.
    Been away from this thread a lot because I find it quite anxiety-provoking. I just wanted to add my 2 cents that not all Americans agree with this. A lot of us do want to see them banned or at least a huge change in gun control laws. I sure don't feel very free knowing I could get shot up in church (or at a concert or an elementary school or where ever). Sadly if killing 6 year olds several years ago in my home state didn't change it, I don't think this will either. It's a very sad day.

Anyway that's all I'll say on the matter.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Been away from this thread a lot because I find it quite anxiety-provoking. I just wanted to add my 2 cents that not all Americans agree with this. A lot of us do want to see them banned or at least a huge change in gun control laws. I sure don't feel very free knowing I could get shot up in church (or at a concert or an elementary school or where ever). Sadly if killing 6 year olds several years ago in my home state didn't change it, I don't think this will either. It's a very sad day.

Anyway that's all I'll say on the matter.
    Your comments are always welcome, Swgrl09. We respect everyone's opinions, whether we agree with them or not. But I understand how many topics here can be triggering.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 203 of 357 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast

Thread Information