Page 326 of 357 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

A really weird news headline popped up on my phone the other way. It was a quote "Trump would be a better princess". I've assumed this is something do to with Markle so Prince Harry might be having some nightmares over that one. Just imagine waking up in your dream, turning over and finding Trump blowing you a kiss in his silky undies

Scotland will go like this. If he turns up the Scottish ministers will moan about him being a nasty man. If he doesn't turn up the Scottish ministers will moan about him snubbing them...and being a nasty man

Sadiq Khan made comments comparing his use of rhetoric to Fascist Germany. This is getting a more common theme in politics at the moment. Trump responded in kind saying what he did. Tit for tat. Khan is just courting the London demographic. If Trump landed further north I doubt many people would even give a shite. As "leader of the free world" you are expected to be a moral guardian so you will be held to a much higher standard than any visiting head of state from some truly awful regime. Some will protest but the numbers Trump brings out are far higher which tells you there a lot of people with a moral compass problem. As a head of state you can be killing people in their thousands in another country, possibly just for some oil, but as long as you put the rights of your citizens and promote a certain set of values you will be regarded as the nice man.

The Trump Baby is supposed to be floated at some point.

Here's the thing,Terry. Kahn is actually being a lot more vicious/insulting than Trump is. Glad you noticed that Kahn threw the first punch... it's left out of most stories by the msm.

Even the never Trumpers must have liked this one

President Trump yesterday at the 75th anniversary of D-Day:

"These men ran through the fires of hell moved by a force no weapon could destroy: the fierce patriotism of a free, proud, and sovereign people. They battled not for control and domination, but for liberty, democracy, and self rule."

Here! Here!

N, what are your thoughts on a US-UK trade deal? What would the US want to trade to us and buy from us?

The NHS is a major sticking point though. Whilst both Tory & Labour have slowly privatised areas of it the public remain firmly against an American style system. This is why they quietly privatise bits off it as it's likely political suicide to annouce full privatisation, especially at the moment. Many Tories will want to privatise it though.

The public are showing support for this with an online petition that will likely skyrocket due to anti-Trump sentiment alone but there are plenty who will want to government to remember we are watching. I signed it.

Another issue for us will be not replacing our importers to US if it hurts our exports to certain places. I could envisage an EU clubbing together over that too.

Hello Terry!

So long as you guys don't try to tax the tea again it should be fine ;-)

I think it would be great for both countries. President Trump is correct when he says free trade is good but it has to be fair trade at the same time. Everything would be on the table from tech to textiles I think. If you get your Brexit and we get a level playing field with the Chi-coms then I think a US/UK trade deal could be tremendous for both countries.

What is the petition you signed? And why do some people think that a US/UK deal would affect the NHS?

BTW I think by and large your fellow subjects have a total misconception of our healthcare system.

N.

Hi N!

Don't be daft and throw it all away, sell it on sel it back to us later

The US are a sizeable trading country for us so a free trade deal can be good. In Europe we lead the way in tech like movies so there is an obvious one there for Hollywood who already come here. I'm not very aware of US-UK trade to be honest so something to read up on.

I think I saw something the other day about you getting access into Huawei?

I signed the current petition to remove the NHS from the table. With Brexit, and a looming No Deal looking more likely, there are concerns about the economy taking a hit and Trump is going to see that as an opportunity, as will every other leader. Many are concerned the Tories being what they are they will sign us into a detrimental deal just to keep us propped up. Since they are ideologically opposed to the NHS, they could cause problems there. The NHS is already suffering due to the PFI deals Blair did (they are just piling on interest and chipping away at it) and outsourcing is failing (see the collapse of Carillion) so it could give US firms the scope to zoom in to offer a load of cash if we give up various ownership rights as PFI did.

We already have a private medical industry and it's just for those who can afford. It would take a long time to change the NHS to something more like your system but without seeing a major tax reduction I just can't see many working class people being able to afford the kind of monthly sums you guys talk about on here. A mixed deal may be possible, something where you can top up your care which we are starting to see TV adverts for as it might bridge the gap for more minor ailments getting seen quicker. The big stuff though, I just can't see it. Mental health care may benefit as it's still poor but it depends on cost. Private companies could do NHS work, they already do, but they fleece the NHS for higher sums than it would cost in house (surely?).

Yes, we won't fully understand yours as we don't yours. To draw a comparison though, messing with our NHS is a lot like us messing with your guns or Amendment rights

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Here's the thing,Terry. Kahn is actually being a lot more vicious/insulting than Trump is. Glad you noticed that Kahn threw the first punch... it's left out of most stories by the msm.
    Kahn didnt throw the first punch.
    Trump insulted Kahn before Kahn made his opinions known about Trump when Kahn was first elected.
    Kahn did post an unwelcoming video prior to Trump landing for his state visit.

Personally I feel that Trump managed the state visit quite well though he certainly spoke out of turn a number of times as usual and put his foot in it.
    May felt like the lame duck she is throughout the visit.
    I loved Camillas wink when her and Charles were hosting Trump where Charles was evidently trying to educate Trump on Climate.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi N!

Don't be daft and throw it all away, sell it on sel it back to us later

The US are a sizeable trading country for us so a free trade deal can be good. In Europe we lead the way in tech like movies so there is an obvious one there for Hollywood who already come here. I'm not very aware of US-UK trade to be honest so something to read up on.

I think I saw something the other day about you getting access into Huawei?

I signed the current petition to remove the NHS from the table. With Brexit, and a looming No Deal looking more likely, there are concerns about the economy taking a hit and Trump is going to see that as an opportunity, as will every other leader. Many are concerned the Tories being what they are they will sign us into a detrimental deal just to keep us propped up. Since they are ideologically opposed to the NHS, they could cause problems there. The NHS is already suffering due to the PFI deals Blair did (they are just piling on interest and chipping away at it) and outsourcing is failing (see the collapse of Carillion) so it could give US firms the scope to zoom in to offer a load of cash if we give up various ownership rights as PFI did.

We already have a private medical industry and it's just for those who can afford. It would take a long time to change the NHS to something more like your system but without seeing a major tax reduction I just can't see many working class people being able to afford the kind of monthly sums you guys talk about on here. A mixed deal may be possible, something where you can top up your care which we are starting to see TV adverts for as it might bridge the gap for more minor ailments getting seen quicker. The big stuff though, I just can't see it. Mental health care may benefit as it's still poor but it depends on cost. Private companies could do NHS work, they already do, but they fleece the NHS for higher sums than it would cost in house (surely?).

Yes, we won't fully understand yours as we don't yours. To draw a comparison though, messing with our NHS is a lot like us messing with your guns or Amendment rights
    I think Im in agreement with you on this Terry.
    I dont think Trump really understands what the NHS exactly is and I certainly dont think he understands in what regard we hold the NHS.
    TTIP looked like it would be bad for the NHS and I think we need to keep it off the table in trade talks. Its not a bargaining chip, its too precious.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Even the never Trumpers must have liked this one

President Trump yesterday at the 75th anniversary of D-Day:

"These men ran through the fires of hell moved by a force no weapon could destroy: the fierce patriotism of a free, proud, and sovereign people. They battled not for control and domination, but for liberty, democracy, and self rule."

Here! Here!
    Nice Quote. But one quote doth not a Stateman make!

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Kahn didnt throw the first punch.
    Trump insulted Kahn before Kahn made his opinions known about Trump when Kahn was first elected.
    Kahn did post an unwelcoming video prior to Trump landing for his state visit.

Personally I feel that Trump managed the state visit quite well though he certainly spoke out of turn a number of times as usual and put his foot in it.
    May felt like the lame duck she is throughout the visit.
    I loved Camillas wink when her and Charles were hosting Trump where Charles was evidently trying to educate Trump on Climate.
    Yes he did.

Page 326 of 357 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast

Thread Information