Page 330 of 357 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Iran won't be attacked, It's all WWE style theater. They're trying to convince people that Iran is authentic opposition. In-fact, The opposite is true. Shias and Jews are natural allies because they share a common enemy in Sunni Islam. Iran has been working with Israel and the US for decades. Even Khomeni was an asset of Western intelligence agencies.

Israeli Arms Sales to Iran

https://www.wrmea.org/1986-november/...s-to-iran.html

In 1981, Ya'acov Nimrodi, an intimate of leaders across the Israeli political spectrum, sold the Iranian defense ministry $135,842,000 worth of Hawk anti-aircraft missiles, 155 mm. mortars, ammunition, and other weapons through his Tel Aviv-based company, International Desalination Equipment, Ltd. From 1955 to 1979 Nimrodi had been Israel's military attache in Tehran.

In September, 1986, United Press International reported that the Danish Sailor's Union had logs and records to prove that since May a Danish freighter had taken four 900-ton shipments from the Israeli port of Eilat to Bandar Abbas in Iran. The union was certain the arms were US-made.

Democrats called for Acosta go resign. Now I'll just remember who was in power when Acosta struck this sweet deal. Maybe N can tell us if there were any Democrats calling for resignations then? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-48967419

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...?ref=bfnsplash

sorry if this is inflammatory, this underlines that Trump is racist, horrible horrible tweets

It also does seem to be that the far right in the USA disproportionately attacks female politicians, is there an undercurrent of mysogony in there as well
    Last edited by mezzaninedoor; 15-07-19 at 20:53. Reason: additional content

Here's a pretty good piece to shed some light on this totally political driven narrative. It's from the Wall Street Journal...a publication with a much higher degree of veracity than the hard left rag known as Buzzfeed (FYI Buzzfeed was one who pushed the phony Trump/Russia dossier). It's very obvious this whole story is about 2020. Period.

Trump and the Sex Offender Guess why the press makes a villain out of Jeffrey Epstein’s only successful prosecutor?

By Holman W. Jenkins, Jr.

July 9, 2019 6:59 pm ET

Demonstrators protest Jeffrey Epstein in New York, July 8. Photo: shannon stapleton/Reuters
    Anybody who has read about Jeffrey Epstein in the past dozen years would come away with the same impression Mr. Epstein apparently had about himself. The guy will soon be back in jail.
    In his luxurious Manhattan townhouse, he reportedly commissioned a mural of himself at the center of a prison yard. According to the New York Times, he told a recent visitor, “That’s me, and I had this painted because there is always the possibility that could be me again.’’
    Mr. Epstein is back in a holding cell, under indictment by a U.S. attorney in New York. He will have his day in court. Presumably we will find out whether the evidence against the hedge-fund impresario for sexually abusing numerous underage girls in the early 2000s is as strong as it seems.
    But one element of the story should give us pause, and that’s the seemingly concerted effort by the press to make a secondary villain out of the only prosecutor who succeeded in holding Mr. Epstein accountable till now because, 12 years later, that prosecutor is Donald Trump’s labor secretary.
    A much-cited story in the Miami Herald last November is headlined “How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime.” The paper thereby invokes a previously unknown form of retroactive quantum action at a distance, since Alexander Acosta’s actions as a U.S. attorney in Florida in 2007 could not have been premised on Mr. Trump being president a decade later.

The headline is also misleading. In fact, the Herald’s 5,000-word exposé tells us very little about the reasons and circumstances behind the 2008 plea deal in which Mr. Epstein agreed to plead guilty to two felonies, serve an 18-month jail sentence, pay restitution to certain victims, and accept designation for life as a registered sex offender.
    Instead, the paper tells us what its own sources are willing to say now about Mr. Epstein more than a decade after the prosecution. What a newspaper can report in 2018 and what a prosecutor can prove in 2007 are two very different things. A fact the Herald also should have made plain: It was precisely Mr. Epstein’s conviction at the hands of Mr. Acosta that helped fuel the filing of civil lawsuits and emergence of newly declared victims that became the basis for the Herald’s own reporting.

Making an even bigger joke of the paper’s positioning of Mr. Acosta as Mr. Epstein’s protector is this glaring fact: It wasn’t Mr. Acosta but New York County’s district attorney—a member of the city’s ruling Democratic elite, with the illustrious name of Cyrus Vance Jr.—who in 2011 sought to undo Mr. Acosta’s work by relieving Mr. Epstein of his Level 3 sex offender status in New York state.
    But then Mr. Vance is not a member of the Trump administration.
    Maybe none of the prosecutors involved in this matter belong in the pantheon, but Mr. Acosta convicted Mr. Epstein and ended his depredations. Ninety-seven percent of federal prosecutions end in plea deals. The Herald tells us almost nothing about why this one did as well, except to note in passing that Mr. Vance later argued before a New York judge that Mr. Epstein’s “underage victims failed to cooperate in the [Florida] case.”
    In fact, our best information right now comes from a three-page letter Mr. Acosta himself wrote to the Daily Beast in 2011. He described how his office was recruited into an already-existing prosecution by Palm Beach police who feared their state prosecutor intended to let Mr. Epstein off with probation. Mr. Acosta’s role was hindered by the need to find a federal crime to charge. He also had to show deference to Florida. Mr. Epstein’s well-connected legal team—including Alan Dershowitz and Kenneth Starr—kept appealing over his head to Washington. It sought dirt on Mr. Acosta’s staff in hopes of disqualifying key underlings from the case. He fretted about a drawn-out prosecution in which Mr. Epstein would walk free. He had no role in Florida’s subsequent decision to let Mr. Epstein out of jail six days a week to continue his business. Mr. Acosta also says that with the witnesses who subsequently have come forward, he could have made a stronger case.
    The outcome may not have been deeply satisfying, but Mr. Acosta persevered to a conviction despite Mr. Epstein’s deep pockets and his constantly invoked list of powerful “friends,” including Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew and Donald Trump (though it was Mr. Trump who, in typically Trumpian fashion, raised an eyebrow as early as 2002 with a comment to New York magazine about the apparent youth of Mr. Epstein’s girlfriends).

It also bears asking: Would the Herald even have invested in reporting the Epstein story if it couldn’t also have flounced up an anti-Trump angle?
    Yes, it’s been rough couple of decades for the newspaper business. At the kindest, the Herald should have had the confidence to rest its claim to public attention on what it had to reveal about Mr. Epstein’s behavior rather than trying so pathetically to annex its reporting to an au courant anti-Trump narrative.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tucker-ca...ein-make-money

Here's pretty good question above about Epstein by news gal Melissa Francis.

A little trivia btw - Melissa Francis was a child actress who had a talent for giving the most gut wrenching believable cry in Hollywood history. See: Little House on the Prairie.
    Last edited by Noivous; 16-07-19 at 16:53.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1PfLi1YGPs

Don't believe me? Have a look above.

Ive been thinking about populism a lot lately. As a centre left voter, thats where I feel most comfortable anyway I think I'm seeing populism on the right and the left and some of the behaviour is similar from both extremes.

It seems that populism on the left and the right breeds those who believe conspiracy theories. The rise of anti-semitism and islamaphobia in UK politics seems to follow the conspiracists that on the one side don't believe that you can have a multi ethnic society and on the other hand there might be a Jewish cadre running the world and that Israel is part of that. This all plays into peoples fears which for me is what drives populism. Fear.

If we look to Corbyns anti capitalist left we see a move from people who see that capitalism's cruelties as mainly from malign individuals and a move to seeing capitalism as a failing system that is letting all down. The view could be that this feeds anti-semitism but the subtler view is that Labour has moved to a left populism with simple fixes available. Not unlike the right populism where the simple solutions are greater security, smaller government and less taxation resulting in trickle down wealth. I'm not sure either of the populist approaches have ever really delivered for people except perhaps after the war when the welfare state and the NHS was bedded in.

I think my poltics is informed by feeling that there is an immoral minority on all sides. The immoral minority on the right causing perhaps the capitalist bank crises, poverty and inequality and the immoral minority on the left where the talk of for the many not the few focuses the mind on who is denying us our utopia and ending up in anti-semite territory with the stereotypical view of rich bankers. The left always seem at the extreme to believe that a utopia is possible but thats not something I've ever felt I can sign up to. I think/know that capitalism is the least worst way forward but I want to see social policies that stop it from being the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer because I dont buy the tickle down shcitk.

The roots of both right and left populism are decades if not centuries deep and ingrained.

I think the middle in the UK has little representation in politics at the moment and that makes a lot of us politically homeless.

Linking Epstein only to Trump shows an obvious motive. Why aren't they going after all of the offenders? That's not justice for the victims.

Look at the pictures above. That's politically motived or driven even if the holder is a sheep guided by those on the other side.

Lets have a picture of prince Andrew in there too...I bet the palace lawyers are working around the clock for the next two weeks now they are unsealing those documents about his accuser

Oh, and can we have a picture of Bill Clinton up there too?

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post

It seems that populism on the left and the right breeds those who believe conspiracy theories. The rise of anti-semitism and islamaphobia in UK politics seems to follow the conspiracists that on the one side don't believe that you can have a multi ethnic society and on the other hand there might be a Jewish cadre running the world and that Israel is part of that. This all plays into peoples fears which for me is what drives populism. Fear.
    The word conspiracy theorist was coined by the CIA in 1967 to demonise those who questioned the official JFK assassination story. The fact is that the Oligarchs in power have always conspired, secret societies and organizations have always existed.

There is also no doubt that a certain group has a stranglehold on media, banking and the political system in the West. This power goes beyond the fake left-right paradigm. The evidence for this is irrefutable. Therefore, It's not anti-semitic to criticise this group of people based on their behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    The word conspiracy theorist was coined by the CIA in 1967 to demonise those who questioned the official JFK assassination story. The fact is that the Oligarchs in power have always conspired, secret societies and organizations have always existed.

There is also no doubt that a certain group has a stranglehold on media, banking and the political system in the West. This power goes beyond the fake left-right paradigm. The evidence for this is irrefutable. Therefore, It's not anti-semitic to criticise this group of people based on their behaviour.
    it is anti Semitic if you make it a generalisation but not about a specific group within as you say. The trouble is, and you have mentioned this before, certain powers are trying to make any criticism of Israel a crime. We should be free to question anything and everything.

The problem can arise when you use imagery though. And you have to be obviously careful in wording too if it is descriptive. A cartoon can be accurate yet be perceived to generalise where it uses features or aspects of one culture in it yet how can you describe someone without giving a physical description? This is where some of the grey area debates come in with some saying it's nothing and others thinking "no smoke without fire". I'm not sure how this is solved in today's overly emotional online world?

As for CTers, it depends what you mean doens't it? Some can be seen as a train of thought just as any philosopher of old was. Some are just mad e.g. flat earthers. Some just see themselves as "The Lone Gunmen" thinking only they know what is truly going on and their CTing can be very broad, one day it's government they next it's their local milkman.

Page 330 of 357 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast

Thread Information