Page 335 of 357 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

We were in a store on lockdown during the most recent mass shooting in Odessa Texas. One of the shooting locations was in one parking lot away from us. We were close to the thick of things.

I have always been a big gun supporter. After our experience on August 31, I am even more so. Let me explain...

It is a helpless feeling to be herded into the back of a store to look around at everyone else and wonder what will we do if he gets in here? I was wishing I had a gun at that very moment. I wished everyone around me had a gun as well. I wanted every good guy in the vacinity to be armed and waiting to cut him down.

It wasn’t a knife that was going to help us. Or a screw driver. Or a taser. This is why the stores that are changing their policy to “no carry” are screwing up. I may be wrong on this and if so, I do apologize, but was the El Paso Walmart not a “no carry” zone? Don’t let us take them in, that’ll be great...it’ll be like shooting fish in a barrel ugh

Bad guys (or crazy guys) will always get guns. Our gun laws worked for this shooter. He was denied through a background check. He got it off the street which is what will happen even if they changed the laws tomorrow (maybe they should look at the procedures surrounding this? Not sure it would matter though bc people will find a way). What is left for the rest of us to do? It makes NO sense to disarm the good guys. Apparently I am not alone in my thinking In this as handgun sales went up in Midland Texas (a sister city to Odessa) right after this shooting.

Btw...that is the last time I will be guilty of feeling helpless and unarmed in this situation. If it takes shopping in stores that allow open carry only, then so be it.

If it’s guns, knives, screw drivers, running through crowds in vans...choking someone out with ur hands, boot stomping someone on the ground....killing will be accomplished and on a large scale with some things, just like guns.

I agree with a previous poster about violence always being present and everywhere, it’s just easier to send this information out now days. I think if the media would go away, some of these things would stop. People get too much attention for nonsense nowadays. I feel it’s always in your face and somehow, according to the media, always President Trump’s fault?? I’m a President Trump supporter. Go ahead, throw your stones. It’ll only hurt for a minute.

What will help? No idea at the moment. I wish I knew. I just know that I’m not gonna blame a gun for what a man does and senseless mass killings can and HAVE been achieved without them.

I feel like I’m gonna catch flack for this post lol but I’m a big girl. I can take it. It reminds me of something I have heard for a long time. The quickest way to lose friends is to talk politics and religion. it’s true but I also believe people can talk and agree to disagree.

I hope everyone is well today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whew. That was a mini novel and I didn’t realize until I posted! Sorry guys!

...I won't be throwing any stones because we're all living in a glass house (and stones are soon to be banned as an improvised offensive weapon...)[/QUOTE]

I got a good giggle out of this

Thank you Pain for having an open mind on the matter and for taking the time to read my lengthy post!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    I like your poem,mezzaninedoor
    thanks , too kind Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    We were in a store on lockdown during the most recent mass shooting in Odessa Texas. One of the shooting locations was in one parking lot away from us. We were close to the thick of things.

I have always been a big gun supporter. After our experience on August 31, I am even more so. Let me explain...

It is a helpless feeling to be herded into the back of a store to look around at everyone else and wonder what will we do if he gets in here? I was wishing I had a gun at that very moment. I wished everyone around me had a gun as well. I wanted every good guy in the vacinity to be armed and waiting to cut him down.

It wasn’t a knife that was going to help us. Or a screw driver. Or a taser. This is why the stores that are changing their policy to “no carry” are screwing up. I may be wrong on this and if so, I do apologize, but was the El Paso Walmart not a “no carry” zone? Don’t let us take them in, that’ll be great...it’ll be like shooting fish in a barrel ugh

Bad guys (or crazy guys) will always get guns. Our gun laws worked for this shooter. He was denied through a background check. He got it off the street which is what will happen even if they changed the laws tomorrow (maybe they should look at the procedures surrounding this? Not sure it would matter though bc people will find a way). What is left for the rest of us to do? It makes NO sense to disarm the good guys. Apparently I am not alone in my thinking In this as handgun sales went up in Midland Texas (a sister city to Odessa) right after this shooting.

Btw...that is the last time I will be guilty of feeling helpless and unarmed in this situation. If it takes shopping in stores that allow open carry only, then so be it.

If it’s guns, knives, screw drivers, running through crowds in vans...choking someone out with ur hands, boot stomping someone on the ground....killing will be accomplished and on a large scale with some things, just like guns.

I agree with a previous poster about violence always being present and everywhere, it’s just easier to send this information out now days. I think if the media would go away, some of these things would stop. People get too much attention for nonsense nowadays. I feel it’s always in your face and somehow, according to the media, always President Trump’s fault?? I’m a President Trump supporter. Go ahead, throw your stones. It’ll only hurt for a minute.

What will help? No idea at the moment. I wish I knew. I just know that I’m not gonna blame a gun for what a man does and senseless mass killings can and HAVE been achieved without them.

I feel like I’m gonna catch flack for this post lol but I’m a big girl. I can take it. It reminds me of something I have heard for a long time. The quickest way to lose friends is to talk politics and religion. it’s true but I also believe people can talk and agree to disagree.

I hope everyone is well today.

Thanks whome for your perspective but I don't agree because the gun violence is partly there to make you feel that way because guns are freely available

Gun Control in Japan in a culture that had carried guns was a huge success

We can agree to disagree mezzaninedoor. There’s no harm in having varying opinions on things and I believe it’s good to talk things through. I appreciate hearing opinions from others even if it doesn’t sway me from mine.

Yo Who Me

Yous a Trump supporter? Amazin!

One of the weird things about guns is that they actually cut down on violence. Sounds like a screwy thing to say, but I would argue that UK and Oz are more violent than us. Why? Because they don't got guns, there are a lot more fights. In the US you don't start a fight with a stranger lessen he got a gun on him. Of course we got a far higher murder rate cozza guns. 2 Brits having a drunken argument might punch each other. Here, one dude might lose it and shoot.

Of course guns should be banned except for the police. Then they can go round shooting more defenceless blacks.

And not only defenceless blacks

I can assure you Oz is less violent than the US,we don’t have mass shootings every week,we have our fair share of nut cases,but nothing like in your neck of the woods.

We are a very racist nation,if our Government had their way we would have the “White Australia “policy back.

Hi Quinn

From everything I heard about your country, its a police state. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually I don't know a while lot about Oz but I read a few years back that if youl measure the number of cases of assault against the total population, then New Zealand is the most violent country.

Ask tourists to USA if they ever witnessed a violent incident or saw a gun on a non-cop, I reckon the answer would be no. But ask a tourist to UK if he ever witnessed a violent incident and I reckon the number would be more. But I ain't got any data to go by.

No it’s not a Police State.It is a beautiful Country, I have been to NZ and didn’t find it violent or know of statistics on assault,and as a tourist in the US I wouldn’t really notice if anyone was carrying

I live in a large Indigenous area,where the main issue is Grog and petrol sniffing, very sad too see.

Page 335 of 357 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast

Thread Information