Page 337 of 357 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Yep me lol

Been a while now since I got the chop. On my profile here I said female but that's open to debate I guess. I still behave like a man which irks me a bit.

A lot of persons wrongly believe that a sex change will change your personality but I assure you it don't. If your a jerk-off in one sex, your still gonna be a jerk-off in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This is an interesting post for me because it gives us something we don't often see, someone who has been through it. And I hope things are ok because this would be scary for anyone let alone someone with an anxiety disorder

Whilst I wouldn't want just anyone with a weapon I can't honestly say I wouldn't want the ability to defend myself. If I'm jumped by a mugger with a knife I can follow what the police say and comply hoping he isn't a nutter who will just stab or beat me up anyway or give myself a chance. I realise society can't operate like this but how I can I say I'm also happy waiting for the police to turn up whilst someone harms my loved ones?

Pain mentioned we are in glass houses in this debate too and I would agree because whilst we have gun control we don't have knife control. Anyone over 18 can easily buy them and you can pick up combat knives and swords over the internet with no more than an over 18 check. Kitchen knives =useful, zombie slaying knives = less so *

* until the inevitable happens and the zombies finally happen
    Thank you for the hugs and kind words we are still sad for those who were injured and lost love ones that day. We are also even more grateful for our law enforcement and first responders. It seems to take something like this to put things into perspectives sometimes. I have always supported law enforcement and this just amplified that to see them in action and being so selfless.

My anxiety comes out in strange ways. I have been involved in some high stress situations over recent years (not on a mass shooting level until now!) and to be honest, I think if you asked anyone who knows me they would tell u they didn’t have a clue that I was stressed. It seems to manifest as health anxiety and more recently, as claustrophobia?? Very strange I know!! But I held it together ok that day and actually located an alternate exit and had a plan in case he came through the front. Maybe that’s part of my problem. I keep a stone face and it comes out in these other ways. (Now I’m not only trying to diagnose myself physically but mentally as well?)

I am so glad you could take something away from my post. You seem to have an open mind In considering both sides of a discussion. I am the same. My opinion has been formed by listening to both sides and considering other arguments (and now, by personal experience in a violent situation). I feel like that’s the only way to come to a peaceful compromise, especially in something as heated as gun control, and it sounds like in your situation, knife control. I wish we had the answers but until we do I hope people can rationalize with each other over it.

Yes zombie slaying...in the event of zombies I will be picking up ANY and ALL weapons I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    knife usually finds it's intended victim
    bullets can fly anywhere and kill the wrong guy

Who Me am I rite in thinking you got paranoia issues and that possessing a gun make you feel more safer?

just trying to work out where your love for our supreme commander come from
    Paranoid? not that I ever noticed or been accused of.

I am, however, a realist who would rather not take a chance with not feeling safe.

Oh lebonvin...you wouldn’t understand my love for our supreme commander so why even debate this with you? It’s much more fun seeing you struggle with the thought

Top Trump: A Poem

Hey who me yes you

Here's another one for yer.

A guy holding a gun stops you on the street and demands yous hands over your purse. Yous got a gun stuffed down the front of your pants. Do you think you can beat him to the draw?

So yous hands over your purse, walk the other way, then turn around and shoot the thief in the back. He goes down.

Would you feel remorse or justified? That's what scares me about guys/gals like you

Couldn’t be me....then who??

First of all, it wouldn’t be down the front of my pants. That’s very unsafe and generally only thugs and people of that nature do such.

Second of all, if I am not in fear for my life I am just giving him my purse. It’s illegal to shoot someone unless you are in fear for your life. Again, I am not a thug. If he turned to run away I would let him go. Obviously a shot to the back means I’m not in fear for my life bc he is running away, correct? Law enforcement can do what they do so well and handle this one for me.

Oh lebonvin, don’t be skeert of lil ol me!

one of the homeless guys in my neighborhood is known as The Hobbler. He never talks or speaks to anybody

The rumor is that he had a gun under his belt and it went off by mistake, shooting himself in the foot. It's painful just watching him dragging his right left forward to walk.

If he'd had a pick axe instead he could have chopped his own dick off but still be able to take part in the Oklahoma marathon
    You lost me at “if he’d had a pick axe.”

NEXT!

Last edited by whome; 23-09-19 at 20:51.

Hot damn who me

I forgot to ask the obvious.Have yous ever been stabbed? I have. Have yous ever been shot? I have. Supposing you had a choice of being stabbed or shot, which would you choose? Assuming you aunt never been stabbed or shot before. Which injury would cause you the most anxiety, assuming it was in the same spot? If yous a nurse you'll have treated both wounds. Which is more lethal?

I just read news 10 minutes ago and another gun tragedy, but not in USA. Italy. A father and son out hunting wild pig which is actually tasty chow. Sin mistakes movement in bushes for a pig and shoots his father dead.
    Whew have my posts “triggered you”? Mercy. Smh. These nice folks on here would probably like their thread back now. I’m surprised to have caused a stir this big. The funny thing is, people from all different countries on here acting civilized and two Americans arguing like hethens. You can’t take us anywhere

You been stabbed AND shot?? Sounds like you need to arm yoself. be careful out there lebonvin, it’s a mad house!

I don’t guess I personally have a preference on stabbing or shooting. as either (depending on wound location, number of wounds, depth of wounds, etc...) can be just as fatal as the other so this question makes no sense.

I hate to hear about Italy. Loss of life is always a tragedy. This sounds like a simple tragic mistake made by a son who was looking for food. My prayers go out to them.

Last edited by whome; 23-09-19 at 21:20.

Yep me lol

Been a while now since I got the chop. On my profile here I said female but that's open to debate I guess. I still behave like a man which irks me a bit.

A lot of persons wrongly believe that a sex change will change your personality but I assure you it don't. If your a jerk-off in one sex, your still gonna be a jerk-off in the other.

Well there you have it. A lesson in behavior and acceptance is the first step to recovery.

Oh my gosh. I can’t even...

Lebonvin, take care. Thanks for the back and forth on here but I feel like giving the thread back to everyone else now.

Seriously, Let’s let the others have it back now...

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Thank you for the hugs and kind words we are still sad for those who were injured and lost love ones that day. We are also even more grateful for our law enforcement and first responders. It seems to take something like this to put things into perspectives sometimes. I have always supported law enforcement and this just amplified that to see them in action and being so selfless.

My anxiety comes out in strange ways. I have been involved in some high stress situations over recent years (not on a mass shooting level until now!) and to be honest, I think if you asked anyone who knows me they would tell u they didn’t have a clue that I was stressed. It seems to manifest as health anxiety and more recently, as claustrophobia?? Very strange I know!! But I held it together ok that day and actually located an alternate exit and had a plan in case he came through the front. Maybe that’s part of my problem. I keep a stone face and it comes out in these other ways. (Now I’m not only trying to diagnose myself physically but mentally as well?)

I am so glad you could take something away from my post. You seem to have an open mind In considering both sides of a discussion. I am the same. My opinion has been formed by listening to both sides and considering other arguments (and now, by personal experience in a violent situation). I feel like that’s the only way to come to a peaceful compromise, especially in something as heated as gun control, and it sounds like in your situation, knife control. I wish we had the answers but until we do I hope people can rationalize with each other over it.

Yes zombie slaying...in the event of zombies I will be picking up ANY and ALL weapons I can find

My opinion is you need gun control but it will be potentially decades before you get to where other countries are. You will be flooded with illegal weapons and many average citizens will have to go through a period adjusting to not having them whilst still have as many criminals with them. I also don't think removing them will solve your mass shooter issue because that's something distinct and just used by the other side to push their aims. Like you say, they will just use a truck or a knife. It's just that guns mean a very quick & easy high body count. But we get it here too and it's knives, swords, etc. And targeting schools is not about guns, it's about why they are doing this and should be fully explored or they will just carry on even with gun control.

To us it's alien because we've had gun control a long time. But you could rightly point to our stabbings and ask why we can order 20 knives off the internet any day of the week and no one cares. We've had several knife amnesties but what's the point when you can just buy them again legally? Maybe I'm a hypocrite in that I have several knives which I use at home? I found them convenient for what I needed them for. My dad has machetes and axes because he was a landscape gardener and still does some work part time now retired plus they are useful for him at home. But a standard machete can be useful, a foreign army kukri not so much.

So, more control but also delve into why these mass shootings are happening. If they want to ban guns completely you don't do that because of these rarer events, you look at the day to day shootings which must dwarf the mass shooters.

We can't carry anything over here. Anything you use to defend yourself can be judged as a weapon therefore you have to justify it being there too. You can carry a knife with a blade up to 3 inches long as long as it's not a locking blade but if you use it in a struggle it will become a weapon and judged the same as a sword or gun. But then it could be a tin of baked beans in your shopping bag and that will be judged as a weapon just as a house brick could be or a vase.

We should follow the examples of our old higher classes and carry an umbrella. If you've even seen a TV programme called The Avengers you will know what I mean as Steed is always whacking people with them

I can see where one could form that opinion, especially given all the recent happenings in our country. I absolutely agree with you on the fact that if our guns were removed, there would be a long period of crime. It would be like a buffet for criminals and thugs if the innocent man were disarmed. That’s one of (though not the biggest) reasons I feel this would be a disaster. I apologize for not being up on my world history, but when did ur country take ur gun rights away? Did you guys have a massive crime shift like that we are talking about when it happened?

I have spoken to law enforcement officers who feel the same (though I am sure not all do). We agreed on the fact that there would have to be a major overhaul in the amount of police force necessary. That may seem backward but if you really think about it, it does make sense. If I were dark-hearted and had bad intentions, I would be much less likely to practice restraint if I had nothing to persuade me in the other direction (for example, the chance of staring down the barrel of a smith and Wesson .

But my biggest...I don’t want to say argument bc you and I are not arguing lol...(point maybe?) Is that of our second amendment right. The second amendment of our constitution gives us the right to keep and bear arms and states that it is not to be infringed upon. There are two reasons for this. One for personal defense and two, for freedom from a tyrannical government. It is why and how we were founded. It is not only for protection from each other but also so that the people will always rule. Trust me on this, given our unalienable rights, if our government infringed upon (especially that right) mass chaos and civil breakdown would ensue. I have learned never to say never, but I can see the government maybe taxing our ammo until we can’t afford it or something of that nature before I can see attempts at total confiscation of guns. But then again, extreme taxation hasn’t sat well with us in the past either. So I feel that attempts at law reform such as background checks, etc would prob be the best route for them. I would like to see them go after private sales. Even I can see that is too loose and needs more regulation.

You are so right about another point as well. Looking at why this is happening. It’s whatever the social breakdown is that’s occurring that is to blame and until we fix that, nothing will change. Why is it that when I was in high school, I could walk by other students’ trucks in the parking lot and see a gun in it and that was perfectly fine bc back then things weren’t happening like now? (The guys would bring their guns to school in leave them in their vehicles to go deer hunting when school was out). I even remember the day there were gun racks mounted in the back glass of ur vehicles and there would be 2 or 3 guns in them. Wow I’m getting old but my point is, we have always had guns. What is wrong with society that is causing this?? I have my theories but they are just that.

Tell me more about your gun and knife laws. It is very interesting to me. Please explain what the locking blade has to do with the law? (I don’t know about knives but I am interested) and what is the basis for the 3 inch rule? So if your dad was found in possession of one of his knives or machetes for use in his landscaping, he would have to prove his intent? Here, you have to prove that u were in fear for ur life if you use a weapon on someone, regardless of what it is. (Lengthy jury trial by peers, etc). Would it be the same there if you, for instance, did use your kitchen knife on a home burglar who had an illegal gun? Those may be silly questions but it is fascinating to me the difference in our laws.

I apologize for another wordy post. I am very chatty by nature.

Last edited by whome; 24-09-19 at 14:13.

2nd ammendment, surely can be amended? Government wants to move on Vaping due to deaths but not Guns!!! I'm never going to understand the USA I'm afraid.

Addendum to my Trump poem:-

#HowDareYou said Greta
    And Trump said I dare
    I’m rich and important
    And you’re not - so there!
    I’m young and I matter
    The young speaker said
    We will deal with your ego
    Long after you’re dead
    We try to alert you
    And ask you to see
    This is all that we have