Page 338 of 357 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 3562

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    2nd ammendment, surely can be amended? Government wants to move on Vaping due to deaths but not Guns!!! I'm never going to understand the USA I'm afraid.

Addendum to my Trump poem:-

#HowDareYou said Greta
    And Trump said I dare
    I’m rich and important
    And you’re not - so there!
    I’m young and I matter
    The young speaker said
    We will deal with your ego
    Long after you’re dead
    We try to alert you
    And ask you to see
    This is all that we have
    There is no planet B

(c) @Amelia16510

Yes, yes. We are a different breed than most with a different set of laws and founded on a different level of freedoms and beliefs than were extended to most as well. We have a different mindset and that of which, fortunately, is that of our own and not which is what someone else forces on us. I think this is where people perceive our behavior as arrogant or something of the sort. But some people here find it absurd the thought of letting someone take our freedoms as in other places but I suppose if u never knew true freedom, you would never miss it? I’m not sure.

I think an amendment to the second would go just about as well for the modern day government as it did for the original government for which it was written in response to. Do you know ur world history? I hope better than I do I AM guilty of not being as up on it as I should be. I mean that sincerely. I used to enjoy history but I let everyday life get in the way of things I enjoy sometimes. I am so busy these days.

Cute poem. You are very talented and well versed. If people are not talking about you, you’re doing something wrong. Even negative attention still gives you a spot light and A platform and I have always found it amusing how people from every corner of this big world keep up with our going’s on. It’s very flattering

I have only ever tried vaping once. It was grape flavored and had a terrific taste If those vape cigs ever find a way to protect me and not harm me, I’ll storm the capital steps personally in their defense. Long live the Ecig will be my battle cry. you may take my country but you will never take my ecig!!! Wait, no that was william Wallace in bravehart all in jest dear sir. I hope you have a pleasant day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Yes, yes. We are a different breed than most with a different set of laws and founded on a different level of freedoms and beliefs than were extended to most as well. We have a different mindset and that of which, fortunately, is that of our own and not which is what someone else forces on us. I think this is where people perceive our behavior as arrogant or something of the sort. But some people here find it absurd the thought of letting someone take our freedoms as in other places but I suppose if u never knew true freedom, you would never miss it? I’m not sure.
    I think you have partly hit the nail on the head. Our thinking, I think, around what freedoms are important are different. I don't view the need to have a gun as a freedom thats important to me, perhaps partly because I think our frontiering as a nation is such a long way in the past where as I guess the Wild West was only yesterday in your historys terms.

What the world then sees though is obstinance in the face of some factual evidence from say Japan where they had a gun culture, introduced gun control and completely cut the gun deaths down in their country. https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-...7-10?r=US&IR=T

I think the UK has some great freedoms that we would hate to lose, the main one being free speech where we think even the nastiest in society as long as they don't make hate speech should be able to propose their thinking, so that we can then reject it as a society.

Post deleted? That's funny

Shoot me for it lol

Jeez this topic been running for years!

Here's another post for yous to delete boss

To support our supreme commander you gotta agree with his views which is these

- guns are great
    - America is a Christian white country
    - colored dudes and migrants not welcome
    - white supremacists more than welcome
    - ok to lock up small kids and get thems to drink toilet water
    - ok to grab a lady by the
    - ok to kick ass of countries we don't like

there is more
    Last edited by Elen; 25-09-19 at 17:11. Reason: inappropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by lebonvin View Post
    Jeez this topic been running for years!

Here's another post for yous to delete boss

To support our supreme commander you gotta agree with his views which is these

- guns are great
    - America is a Christian white country
    - colored dudes and migrants not welcome
    - white supremacists more than welcome
    - ok to lock up small kids and get thems to drink toilet water
    - ok to grab a lady by the
    - ok to kick ass of countries we don't like

there is more

Well said lebonvin.
    Last edited by Elen; 25-09-19 at 17:11. Reason: innapropriate language

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    I can see where one could form that opinion, especially given all the recent happenings in our country. I absolutely agree with you on the fact that if our guns were removed, there would be a long period of crime. It would be like a buffet for criminals and thugs if the innocent man were disarmed. That’s one of (though not the biggest) reasons I feel this would be a disaster. I apologize for not being up on my world history, but when did ur country take ur gun rights away? Did you guys have a massive crime shift like that we are talking about when it happened?

I have spoken to law enforcement officers who feel the same (though I am sure not all do). We agreed on the fact that there would have to be a major overhaul in the amount of police force necessary. That may seem backward but if you really think about it, it does make sense. If I were dark-hearted and had bad intentions, I would be much less likely to practice restraint if I had nothing to persuade me in the other direction (for example, the chance of staring down the barrel of a smith and Wesson .

But my biggest...I don’t want to say argument bc you and I are not arguing lol...(point maybe?) Is that of our second amendment right. The second amendment of our constitution gives us the right to keep and bear arms and states that it is not to be infringed upon. There are two reasons for this. One for personal defense and two, for freedom from a tyrannical government. It is why and how we were founded. It is not only for protection from each other but also so that the people will always rule. Trust me on this, given our unalienable rights, if our government infringed upon (especially that right) mass chaos and civil breakdown would ensue. I have learned never to say never, but I can see the government maybe taxing our ammo until we can’t afford it or something of that nature before I can see attempts at total confiscation of guns. But then again, extreme taxation hasn’t sat well with us in the past either. So I feel that attempts at law reform such as background checks, etc would prob be the best route for them. I would like to see them go after private sales. Even I can see that is too loose and needs more regulation.

You are so right about another point as well. Looking at why this is happening. It’s whatever the social breakdown is that’s occurring that is to blame and until we fix that, nothing will change. Why is it that when I was in high school, I could walk by other students’ trucks in the parking lot and see a gun in it and that was perfectly fine bc back then things weren’t happening like now? (The guys would bring their guns to school in leave them in their vehicles to go deer hunting when school was out). I even remember the day there were gun racks mounted in the back glass of ur vehicles and there would be 2 or 3 guns in them. Wow I’m getting old but my point is, we have always had guns. What is wrong with society that is causing this?? I have my theories but they are just that.

Tell me more about your gun and knife laws. It is very interesting to me. Please explain what the locking blade has to do with the law? (I don’t know about knives but I am interested) and what is the basis for the 3 inch rule? So if your dad was found in possession of one of his knives or machetes for use in his landscaping, he would have to prove his intent? Here, you have to prove that u were in fear for ur life if you use a weapon on someone, regardless of what it is. (Lengthy jury trial by peers, etc). Would it be the same there if you, for instance, did use your kitchen knife on a home burglar who had an illegal gun? Those may be silly questions but it is fascinating to me the difference in our laws.

I apologize for another wordy post. I am very chatty by nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Wiki page tells you all about our laws:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firear...United_Kingdom

So, 1997 was when the law really changed because of the Dunblane massacre but prior to this you never heard much about handguns anyway and firearms were mostly something criminals had unless you were a farmer or a sport shooter. Our culture just doesn't have them like yours because they are of little use and have been for a very long time in our history as Tony mentions.

They used to bring guns back as souvenirs from wars or tours. These could find their way into the hands of criminals. If you've ever seen the film Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels you might remember when one gang robbed the cannabis factory and one of them had a Bren gun from WWII. Something like that might have been found in someone's grandad's cellar. But criminals always favoured the sawn off shotgun because they were so easy to obtain. Gun shops were a rarity from what I recall.

A friend at school used to clay shoot with his parents so they had a couple of shotguns. But sport shooting isn't common over here and was more something the ruling classes did. It just never took off the more you travelled down the classes in society just as hunting never did. This meant most people in the UK really wouldn't have cared about whether guns were banned because they were as relevant to most of us as Aston Martins!

So, we can't make direct comparisons since we didn't have a culture that had spread out into the frontier where you needed a rifle as much as you needed a knife & fork. We pretty much seemed to go from everyone having an axe or sword to take to war to nothing since most of our wars were offshore later on when guns were around.

There are plenty of air rifles around but again it's just a minority sport.

As for carrying you have to be able to prove you have a valid reason to be transporting a firearm i.e. going to a shoot or pest control. Even then the police will look at how you are transporting it and whether you are dodgy. You won't get away with having them outside of the boot and secured because it will look like you are ready to use them away from home or a shooting venue or place of work.

The same with weapons in general. We've often joked about my dad and how the police would think they had caught a serial killer if they ever stopped him and looked in the boot. He usually has several axes in there but they are with spades and other tools. He knows he should take them out each time he comes back from a job but it's unlikely to ever be an issue. But if you put a tool in a place where it could be used in a crime e.g. down the side of the car door, then the police will see it as a concealed weapon. If you take knives or other blades to work e.g a Stanley knife, the police won't care if it's in a tool box but they won't like you having it in your pocket (unless on a job at the time). And you can't take anything that could be used as a weapon into certain places anyway unless there to do work e.g. going into an airport with an axe is obviously a no no! It comes back to being appropriate for the place of work.

One problem we do have now is antique firearms as they are exempt from firearms laws. This was to allow them to be sold as such for display but in recent years criminals have wised up to this and started buying them or converting them. They make their own ammo too. I think the law change proposed was to ensure selling & purchasing was checked more to ensure it was a genuine sale and the buyer didn't have an intent to sell on.

As for the 3 inch blade issue that takes us back an appropriate tool which can be used by many people but if the police stop you and determine you may use it as a weapon then it will be considered like any other weapon. This exception means you can have a multitool with you as some may carry in a car.

This explains it all:

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Lock knives were popular with criminals. One example would be a flick knife. They have less use than more practical knives so ended up on the banned list. You can buy them easily, you just can't carry them. Even as a tradesman you can't carry one as they are banned completely due to crime. In reality you can bet many do carry them to work.

As for self defence if you were carrying something you shouldn't it's going to be down to a court to rule out you didn't take it with intent to harm. This has been a big issue here because of the knife & gang culture so many young people carry when they aren't involved in crime but live in high crime areas. A court could still charge you for illegally carrying the weapon but they will judge your use of it as self defence separately so as not to charge you with murder (murder being defined as intent to carry it out) but manslaughter can be tricky there just as the one punch death issue can be.

That's my understanding but cases are judged on their merits. We've had lots of media reporting in the past about how you will end up in jail for defending yourself from an attacker or burglar but the cases don't show this. One famous one was the farmer, Tony Martin, but his case turned out to be not quite as originally thought and we rightfully jailed for what he did. More recently a pensioner tackled a burglar in his home who was armed with a screwdriver and came at him. The pensioner had a kitchen knife. No jail as he was judged as defending himself and using a weapon to do so lawfully. But there have been some cases where a defender has chased an attacker outside of their home and harmed them and these are illegal acts as they have crossed beyond self defence.

I expect much of this is the same in both our countries. What I think you seem to have, from what we see in the media, is a stronger right to defend your property. Basically a legal system more willing to support that than treat you initially as a potential criminal. That's how it feels but the media do distort this stuff so it's hard to know and interesting to hear the views of Americans.

It's also interesting to hear what you say about serving law enforcement officers. They are on the toughest end of anything like this. And unlike many a politician they live in he real world where you can't always just hand your wallet over expecting the attacker to be good and run off happily.

One of things that I think sticks out for us is how we hear Americans collect firearms. This is a red flag to us. But then we can easily collect weapons for display in our homes so it is a bit hypocritical of us.

Another issue is hunting. We keep seeing stories of American sport hunters with their trophy kills and they will be condemned here. Some even come to Scotland for it and Scotland get condemned for allowing it. But from the US end you will have some traditions tied up in this too. It might not be so different from going fishing and this makes us hypocrites again as we do that.

Them Saudi Arabs is saying they shot down drones with Made in Iran on the side. The drones that they use to kill innocent Yemenis got Donald's signature on them and his lackies BoJo and co
    The UK is always happy to sell arms to the likes of Saudi. Many of us condemn it and want it stopped. But it predates BoJo, all our PM's happily profit from it.

The issue being Western nations being buddies with nasty regimes. Imagine who would care about Saudi if the oil had never been there?

Something that many have criticised over here is how the conflict in Syria dominated the news and no one gave a toss of Yemen.

Yep me lol

Been a while now since I got the chop. On my profile here I said female but that's open to debate I guess. I still behave like a man which irks me a bit.

A lot of persons wrongly believe that a sex change will change your personality but I assure you it don't. If your a jerk-off in one sex, your still gonna be a jerk-off in the other.
    Didn't know that, Charlie. Well, surely you just be you and that's all that matters no matter what bits you decide to keep/change and how you identity or what a bit of paper says? (Although I can understand such documents must be very frustrating for some as you have enough to sort through let alone red tape and the hang ups of society).

You've mentioned faith is important to you and it's good to know you can access it without the intolerance we often hear about in the media.

Hi Terry

Thanks for your kind and thoughtfulful post.

I went to Bangkok to get the chop

I don't regret getting the chop. Very easy and no questions asked. In the US yous gotta get approval from doc, p
    sychiatrist etc. before they let you have an opp. And expensive too because not covered by insurance.

I don't got any regrets about doing. Truth is that I been impotent since seeing a buddy get his head blown off in Kandahar. So it's scratch for me whether I'm. guy or gal. Physical sex never been high on my list of priorities anyway.

My faith has helped a bit but not as much as some guys. I was just reading about a black Brit boxer who found God and lives over here now. He's gonna go back to the ring at age 55. He's gonna need more than God to stop him getting brain damage. He should be on this forum. Maybe he is.

Thanks again for your kind concern Terry I sure appreciate it your a real good guy.

Charlie

This is the Trump topic right? Sorry if it ain't

So the reason for guns is to protect yourselves from a tyrannical government lol we got one now
    so why ain't you gun guys out on the streets?Can only be that yous support tyranny. which kinda renders yous 2nd amendment crap meaningless..

I would like to urge all supporters of our supreme commander to enlist to defend our great country not objmky will yous get the chance to shoot a real gun but also a real person! Not just a Taliban soldier but teenagers and children coz yous never know if they got a bomb strapped to them and yous can't take risks.

To the lady here who thinks guns are essential.

When guns become a normal item in your own society, then it follows that there ain't no problem to have them in someone else's society.

Do you have any idea what it's like to be in a war zone? Wars have changed since Nam. In them days you could see where the enemy was. Nowadays it's all guerilla warfare. You know enemy is there but you can't see them. Yous soon found out the meaning of paranoia. Real hot damn paranoia what eats yous alive every time yous go out on patrol. On a bad day yous can shoot your buddy in the back by mistake. Or a sniper gets your man bang in the fourhead. It ain't a gushing of blood like you'd see in the movies. It's a small red hole just a bit bigger than the size of the bullet.

On a good day you get to shoot a kid cowering in a bush coz the local folk hide when they see us coming.

And if it all gets too much for yer, you got the means to blow your own brain out when you get back to your quarters.

When yous read about casualties it means dead. Their the lucky ones. For every deadd dude yous got at least 4 who got so badly maimed they can never live a normal life again. Then yous get the guys like me who escape serious injury but have to take mental medications for the rest of their lives which don't work proper anyway.

Go on lady sign up.
    Last edited by lebonvin; 27-09-19 at 06:59.

Page 338 of 357 FirstFirst ... 238288328336337338339340348 ... LastLast

Thread Information