Page 51 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    This just confirms why people are anxious and nervous regarding Donald Trump as president.
    At some point, any of us may need someone to stand up for us as a stagmatised minority. It's people like you who will do this as you think of the whole not just yourself.

You'll only frustrate yourself by trying to reason with people who can't see this and the inherent hypocrisy of their prejudice.

Chin up, I predict that things will be no where near as bad as people fear, much to the disappointment of many Trump supporters.

Pip
    aka moaning liberal, supporter of minority rights (including anxiety sufferers and the LGBT community) and proud of it.

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Phill2,

There is a natural cycle which has kept things in balance called the Carbon Cycle.

The first part is photosynthesis by plants (simplified equation):

CO2 + H2O + energy from the sun -> C(H2O) + O2

The C(H2O) has chemical energy stored in its carbon bonds. Living things breathe in the O2.

The second part is respiration, where a plant or animal uses this C(H2O) for energy, "burning" it using the breathed in oxygen:

C(H2O) + O2 -> CO2 + H20 + released energy

It's the exact reverse of photosynthesis, and for the past 20,000 years or so till the start of the industrial revolution these two equations have been in balance.

Interesting that the background music during Trump's victory speech was that of the film "Airforce One"..Apparently DT greatly admired how Harrison Ford stood up for America.....but had to be reminded that Ford was actually just an actor in a movie.

Not a movie this time around though

Looking at the total votes. That high 5% for others has really hurt Hillary. More votes than Trump but loses election

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Looking at the total votes. That high 5% for others has really hurt Hillary. More votes than Trump but loses election
    Do the electoral colleges end up similar to our seats? Looking at the map, she was beaten in more states and the reason she has so many votes was because a couple of states voted greatly in her favour.

The Electoral College votes allocated to each state are weighted by population, but if a candidate wins the vote by the slightest margin in a state, they get all the Electoral College votes for that state. The population-dense south-western and north-eastern coastal states are more likely to vote Democrat. The real action is from Florida up the east coast then around the Great Lakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Do the electoral colleges end up similar to our seats? Looking at the map, she was beaten in more states and the reason she has so many votes was because a couple of states voted greatly in her favour.
    I don't know as all the other Houses are separate votes which seem to have swung completely Republican.
    It also seems that with blocking Obama on the Supreme Court they will have that too.

For real evidence of climate change, feel free to explore NASA's website.

http://climate.nasa.gov/

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

It is not "up for debate." I see this argument as similar to tobacco companies saying science about cigarettes causing lung cancer was made up. But the difference is this is our planet, so if the people who don't believe the facts are wrong, then we don't have an actual planet anymore.

Thanks Pip, glad somebody understands the importance of minority rights on here. I sure hope no transgender members have read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    For real evidence of climate change, feel free to explore NASA's website.

http://climate.nasa.gov/

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

It is not "up for debate." I see this argument as similar to tobacco companies saying science about cigarettes causing lung cancer was made up. But the difference is this is our planet, so if the people who don't believe the facts are wrong, then we don't have an actual planet anymore.

Thanks Pip, glad somebody understands the importance of minority rights on here. I sure hope no transgender members have read this thread.
    Like I said, other governments are changing their stance. I don't understand the issues enough, but they are debating it so it must be?

At what point have I said minority rights aren't important? And we were discussing transgender, not minority rights in general. I believe in the bigger picture too and that picture doesn't mean prioritising minority groups if there are bigger issues affecting us, that was my point. I also question that minority groups are interested in each other when their goal is to push for their own agendas, they can be about who is shouting the loudest. I'm not sure what seems to be offensive about this point, it's just how things work isn't it?

Swgrl09, minority groups have just as much right to be heard as any one else! And, while we are on the subject of minority groups.. WOMEN are NOT a minority group. I just can't believe that someone can say such awful things about so many different groups of people and still get the job of being in charge of one of the worlds most powerful countries. I really really hope that America can save itself and not go backwards..

Will probably regret getting involved in this but first leaving the EU, now Trump, just what on earth is everyone thinking?!

Page 51 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information