Page 52 of 357 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    At what point have I said minority rights aren't important?
    Terry,

I don't think Swgrl09 meant this for you, or anyone in particular. It was in reference to my earlier post where I was pointing out that we're all members of a minority group and that we should be mindful of other minorities too.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It was in reference to another poster saying transgender rights are a non issue ... at work now though so can't elaborate more. Sorry Terry hope that clarifies a little.

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower2 View Post
    Swgrl09, minority groups have just as much right to be heard as any one else! And, while we are on the subject of minority groups.. WOMEN are NOT a minority group. I just can't believe that someone can say such awful things about so many different groups of people and still get the job of being in charge of one of the worlds most powerful countries. I really really hope that America can save itself and not go backwards..

Will probably regret getting involved in this but first leaving the EU, now Trump, just what on earth is everyone thinking?!

I agree 100% ... thanks for your response!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Interesting that the background music during Trump's victory speech was that of the film "Airforce One"..Apparently DT greatly admired how Harrison Ford stood up for America.....but had to be reminded that Ford was actually just an actor in a movie.

Not a movie this time around though
    Harrison Ford was so funny when someone asked him about this, he said does he know it was a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Hi Phill2,

There is a natural cycle which has kept things in balance called the Carbon Cycle.

The first part is photosynthesis by plants (simplified equation):

CO2 + H2O + energy from the sun -> C(H2O) + O2

The C(H2O) has chemical energy stored in its carbon bonds. Living things breathe in the O2.

The second part is respiration, where a plant or animal uses this C(H2O) for energy, "burning" it using the breathed in oxygen:

C(H2O) + O2 -> CO2 + H20 + released energy

It's the exact reverse of photosynthesis, and for the past 20,000 years or so till the start of the industrial revolution these two equations have been in balance.
    And still were during the industrial revolution when the earth was covered in smog.
    Do you REALLY think man can change nature?

---------- Post added at 08:39 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    It was in reference to another poster saying transgender rights are a non issue ... at work now though so can't elaborate more. Sorry Terry hope that clarifies a little.

It's obvious you're worried about rights but what about employment?
    Without a job how is a bloke going to afford a frock to get into the ladies loo?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

`Without a job how is a bloke going to afford a frock to get into the ladies loo?`

oddly I know personally two blokes who had full gender reassignment when they were in their 40s and married with teenage kids.

the biggest issue in work was that they had to live 12 months as a woman and be assessed regularly to check their mental state etc as to whether the full op would happen at the end of it, it did in both cases but the problem was the toilets - they were still physically men so the women didn`t want them in their toilets, and the men didn`t want them in their toilets in dresses as they used to know them in their previous personas.

so the outcome was the disabled toilets were suggested, but both started down the road of legal action because it was demeaning to them as they weren`t disabled.this very quickly got stopped thankfully

very very confusing thing for all involved, and neither are any happier or more settled since the op, and up to a few months back neither were in touch with their kids anymore which is very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    `Without a job how is a bloke going to afford a frock to get into the ladies loo?`

oddly I know personally two blokes who had full gender reassignment when they were in their 40s and married with teenage kids.

the biggest issue in work was that they had to live 12 months as a woman and be assessed regularly to check their mental state etc as to whether the full op would happen at the end of it, it did in both cases but the problem was the toilets - they were still physically men so the women didn`t want them in their toilets, and the men didn`t want them in their toilets in dresses as they used to know them in their previous personas.

so the outcome was the disabled toilets were suggested, but both started down the road of legal action because it was demeaning to them as they weren`t disabled.this very quickly got stopped thankfully

very very confusing thing for all involved, and neither are any happier or more settled since the op, and up to a few months back neither were in touch with their kids anymore which is very sad.
    Their was a female impersonator club in Sydney years ago and they had 3 loos labelled "She" "Him" and "Shim"
    Maybe that's the answer ?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Their was a female impersonator club in Sydney years ago and they had 3 loos labelled "She" "Him" and "Shim"
    Maybe that's the answer ?
    Perhaps you'd suggest one for loonies too? We could use that one.

I'm so disappointed that you show such contempt for another minority group and that you're prepared to alienate some people who will read this thread.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    The Electoral College votes allocated to each state are weighted by population, but if a candidate wins the vote by the slightest margin in a state, they get all the Electoral College votes for that state. The population-dense south-western and north-eastern coastal states are more likely to vote Democrat. The real action is from Florida up the east coast then around the Great Lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I don't know as all the other Houses are separate votes which seem to have swung completely Republican.
    It also seems that with blocking Obama on the Supreme Court they will have that too.
    Thanks for the explanation, hanshan.

As I understand it, it's not illegal for colleges to ignore this win, regardless of anyone having the public majority, and elect who they want which incurs a fine? Is that right?

In other news, sadly the violence has begun. Is it really about Trump or just an excuse for criminals to make it look acceptable? It was a carjacking after all.

---------- Post added at 23:26 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower2 View Post
    Swgrl09, minority groups have just as much right to be heard as any one else! And, while we are on the subject of minority groups.. WOMEN are NOT a minority group. I just can't believe that someone can say such awful things about so many different groups of people and still get the job of being in charge of one of the worlds most powerful countries. I really really hope that America can save itself and not go backwards..

Will probably regret getting involved in this but first leaving the EU, now Trump, just what on earth is everyone thinking?!
    You certainly ain't a minority!

The funny thing is, 53% of women voted for Trump if exit polls are correct. I also saw a comment somewhere about how degree level education was still a close vote, before the issue of education comes into it.

So, why are women voting for him? And also, why aren't then voting for Hillary? I also greatly dislike this right on behaviour of voting because of gender that some have been promoting.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    Terry,

I don't think Swgrl09 meant this for you, or anyone in particular. It was in reference to my earlier post where I was pointing out that we're all members of a minority group and that we should be mindful of other minorities too.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post

Ok, fair enough. Thanks.

No excuse for anyone to become violent, never the answer, I don't like it one bit that he Americas future president but violence is not the answer.

Sorry that was 53% of white women. The splits based on education and race are here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory

Ignore the racial stirring, it's what The Guardian often do, the comments from the white women are interesting though as they defy this rags narrative.

Page 52 of 357 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread Information