Page 53 of 357 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Quote Originally Posted by dale12345 View Post
    No excuse for anyone to become violent, never the answer, I don't like it one bit that he Americas future president but violence is not the answer.
    Agreed. We might disagree with political outcomes like these but there's a democratic process and we have to accept the results and move on.

I wonder if Trump would have accepted the result if he lost and I also wonder if he is still thinking of challenging a process which he claimed was rigged.

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by dale12345 View Post
    No excuse for anyone to become violent, never the answer, I don't like it one bit that he Americas future president but violence is not the answer.
    Totally agree. It's 4 years and he's not a dictator, people have a lot rights surely? I'm sure the lawyers will make a mint off defence cases over immigration.

After Brexit we had violent racial incidents from Leave voters including a few murders. I also recall we had a murder of a Leave voter by a Remain voter but he was a violent moron who probably should have not been out at the time.

Sadly, it's like tipping beer down a morons neck, you get a bigger, more confident moron.

It's sad that some Hillary voters have burned your flag. Don't they realise how lucky they are even having the right to vote & protest?

[QUOTE=MyNameIsTerry;1612929]Totally agree. It's 4 years and he's not a dictator, people have a lot rights surely? I'm sure the lawyers will make a mint off defence cases over immigration.

After Brexit we had violent racial incidents from Leave voters including a few murders. I also recall we had a murder of a Leave voter by a Remain voter but he was a violent moron who probably should have not been out at the time.

Sadly, it's like tipping beer down a morons neck, you get a bigger, more confident moron.

It's sad that some Hillary voters have burned your flag. Don't they realize how lucky they are even having the right to vote & protest? :
    Yes we have that right to peaceful protests, I again don't want he to be my president but burning the flag isn't the answer. I understand the frustration, I am very concerned but peaceful protest are the way to go in my opinion also.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    Perhaps you'd suggest one for loonies too? We could use that one.

I'm so disappointed that you show such contempt for another minority group and that you're prepared to alienate some people who will read this thread.

Pip
    But how does it actually work now? Can they choose? Or are they not permitted until a certain stage?

Many easily pass as women but some are obviously men. To be fair though, in my city there area a fair few women that pass more as men than many of the men do anyway and it's got nothing to do gender identify.

Perhaps you'd suggest one for loonies too? We could use that one.

I'm so disappointed that you show such contempt for another minority group and that you're prepared to alienate some people who will read this thread.

Pip
    I'm not showing contempt for anyone.
    Merely stating a fact and offering a solution to what is obviously a problem for some
    Here in Aus transgender are demanding seperate toilets so why not?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Surely you don't need me to explain what is wrong with referring to transgender people as blokes with frocks and dwelling on which toilet they should use?

My whole point which appears to be passing some by is that there are many minority groups which face prejudice, stigma and ridicule. The LGBT community is one, mental illness sufferers are another. Would it not be fair to say that intelligent and compassionate members of one group should support another?

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    I'm not showing contempt for anyone.
    Merely stating a fact and offering a solution to what is obviously a problem for some
    Here in Aus transgender are demanding seperate toilets so why not?
    So, presumably that means transgender folks have different attitudes to this and we can't assume? Or do one country's transgender population regard the other as part of the problem because their views differ?

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Surely you don't need me to explain what is wrong with referring to transgender people as blokes with frocks and dwelling on which toilet they should use?

My whole point which appears to be passing some by is that there are many minority groups which face prejudice, stigma and ridicule. The LGBT community is one, mental illness sufferers are another. Would it not be fair to say that intelligent and compassionate members of one group should support another?

Pip
    That's complicated. Obviously I'm not going to support the far right. But there could be a clash with cultural & religious groups here too. For instance, being transgender in certain religious groups is even worse, and they are minority groups.

So, it will perhaps be a cluster of those with similar thoughts? But in our community, religion will be present and that will mean not all can agree. We have to respect all of this and those who wish to support can do so and push for change. The rest is in the hands of government, who can resolve any bias the normal way and impose a change in the law.

Yes...and it's not just minority groups that face prejudice stigma and ridicule. Try being a 40 to 50 year old white guy. It's open season on us! We just don't get in a snit about it. Water off a ducks back. Lol.

N.

Pip
    I think you'll find the argument about toilets was started here
    " Trump is going to assemble the best administration in years. And he's not going to waste time talking about non-issues such as allowing grown men in evening gowns into the little girls room."
    and not by me.

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Yes...and it's not just minority groups that face prejudice stigma and ridicule. Try being a 40 to 50 year old white guy. It's open season on us! We just don't get in a snit about it. Water off a ducks back. Lol.

N.
    It doesn't change in your 60s either believe me.
    In Aus the most discriminated against group is white hetrosexual males but like you say who really cares?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Yes Phill I stand corrected, friend. I should have said male above 40 white and straight. I mean that's sexism, ageism, racism, and hetero-phobia all in one. How do we survive?

N.

Page 53 of 357 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread Information