Page 61 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Fishmanpa - 3 million is around one per cent of the US population, not 0.01%.

That's one in every hundred people, and they will be more represented in certain communities.

Just think of the logistics of trying to deport one in every hundred people from the whole country. It would cripple the economy just trying to do it. It's a typical example of what's called a "thought bubble" that just doesn't stand up.

Hmm a violent nutcase calling Trump a maniac?

It comes as top ISIS commander Abu Omar Khorasani has said Trump is a "complete maniac" who will aid the terror group's cause.
    Khorasani, based in Afghanistan , said the president-elect's shock victory over Hillary Clinton will help ISIS recruit new fighters, especially youth in the West.
    Extremists plan to use Trump's campaign comments about Muslims as a propaganda tool to bolster their ranks in the Middle East or inspire attacks abroad.
    At one point*during his lengthy presidential campaign, the Republican candidate and business mogul called for a ban on Muslims entering the US.
    Khorasani told Reuters: "This guy is a complete maniac. His utter hate towards Muslims will make our job much easier because we can recruit thousands."

I think I might take all that with the biggest pinch of salt that has ever existed.

It's true that they can use it but who cares what ISIS think? They can find many things to use. I would put money on them using Hillary in their propaganda anyway, after all, they don't approve of women being above slaves. You have to laugh at any member of that group accusing others of hate.

As I understand it, there is an international initiative against ISIS fighters who have joined from western countries. A kill of capture (or Red notice) was issued to the SAS. Hopefully the emphasis will be on kill, we don't want to run the risk of prison where they can indoctrinate others (as the prison service are already struggling with that) and all it would take a Corbyn government and they would probably out on weekend release.

It will be interesting to see how Trump & Putin develop.

Hi Fishmanpa -

Three million divided by three hundred million is 0.01, not 0.01%. There's a big difference, but as I said, it comes to approximately one out of every hundred people in the US (one in every one hundred and eight if you want to be a stickler for the maths).

But the Latino population of the US is 56 million, so if all those three million "bad hombres" are Latinos, then that's around five per cent of the total Latino population.

And if we exclude women, children and the elderly, that comes to, what? - that around ten per cent (one in ten) of ALL Latino men in the US are bad hombres who are going to be deported? Really?

It's just sheer nonsense.
    Last edited by hanshan; 15-11-16 at 06:40.

Are you including the 3m people Obama has sent home?

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Thank you! I do greatly appreciate your concern for the betterment of my social virtues. It touches me deeply. Certainly there is at least a little room for improvement in that area in all of us (with the possible exception of Terry. He's one diplomatic dude). In regards to where my compassions lie. It's family first followed closely by friends. Then my fellow countrymen and women. After that our allies. Then the rest. Perhaps not the best system. Possibly you have a better system. Who knows? Or maybe the problem is we all have a different system of compassion. That will never change though. But again, thank you for trying to improve me.

N.
    You're welcome. Like me, you obviously appreciate learning about different perspectives and constantly developing.

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Three million divided by three hundred million is 0.01, not 0.01%. There's a big difference, but as I said, it comes to approximately one out of every hundred people in the US (one in every one hundred and eight if you want to be a stickler for the maths).
    Correct!

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm not including the 3 million that Obama has already deported - but he did it over the space of eight years, not "immediately", as I believe Donald Trump has said.

I notice, too, that there are 1.9 million people already in prison in the US who are under deportation order when they are released. Presumably, Trump could give a presidential commutation to their sentences and order them all deported immediately, but it would be logistically problematic to carry out at once. My guess is that those people will continue to be deported at much the same rate as they would have been anyway, but Trump will claim credit for getting tough. Plus he's still got to find another 1.1 million to round up.

Obama has been fudging the deportation numbers for years. See article:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...n-numbers.html

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Also, another good resource for those interested in immigration issues.

http://cis.org/Vaughan-Publications

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    Obama has been fudging the deportation numbers for years. See article:

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/n...n-numbers.html

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Also, another good resource for those interested in immigration issues.

http://cis.org/Vaughan-Publications
    Ah, fudging. Obamaganda.

We have the opposite issue here with increase in hate crimes, but since new categories are being added they will go up naturally so it's a question of the old categories until the new trends are known but they won't dig that far since it won't suit someone's narrative.

Hi Noivous,

So ABC News (US) says:

"President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief." Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)."

This is in opposition to the report you linked, and I assume ABC have their fact checkers (I have absolutely no opinion on ABC News).

Basically, you have to understand that all information these days comes with a greater or lesser degree of spin. You have posted links from websites that are anti-human-induced climate change and anti-immigration. These websites both appear as either traditional news or academic sources, which is easy to do on the internet. However, they are partisan and so a high degree of spin must be expected.

Spin or not, you may have reason to thank Obama's reputation as "deporter in chief" as depressing Democrat votes, particularly among Latinos.
    Last edited by hanshan; 15-11-16 at 10:20.

If anyone doesn't see that the MSM - i.e. nbc abc SEE-BS bbc cnn msnbc ny times wash post...to a lesser extent fox news the wall street journal has been and was during this election totally in the tank for the lefties (which is what the MSM is made up of) then they don't want to see it. I mean cnn was caught giving debate questions to the Clinton campaign for goodness sake.

I've always said people believe what they want to be true.

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 ----------

Yes Hanshan, Trump did better among Hispanics than Romney or McCain did. Good point.

N.

Page 61 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread Information