Page 91 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Trump: A Poem

Re: Top Trump: A Poem

Please do not make direct personal comments.

Asking for a recount when polling is close is not contesting an election - it is standard practice that acknowledges that some small error in counting is inevitable. However, the polling has to be very, very close for a recount to be viable. The Democrats did not ask for a recount in the closest states because their own figures told them there was no viable chance of a change in result. That the Greens did so is unfortunate, but still does not call the election process into question.

Trump's comments were made on the basis of alleged massively widespread fraudulent voting - a much more serious charge.

almost all of Trump's comments about election rigging pre election were opportunistic and inflammatory, he wanted to get a rise out of the right wingers and ensure that he got the right wingers out to vote, he knew exactly what he was doing and succeeded

It was bluster from a candidate. Don't you get the same in your country?

We do over here. Politicians smeer each other all the time.

Remember the run up to Brexit, Tony? Remember the same being said about vote rigging? Bluster ahead of a possible loss. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hanshan View Post
    Please do not make direct personal comments.

Asking for a recount when polling is close is not contesting an election - it is standard practice that acknowledges that some small error in counting is inevitable. However, the polling has to be very, very close for a recount to be viable. The Democrats did not ask for a recount in the closest states because their own figures told them there was no viable chance of a change in result. That the Greens did so is unfortunate, but still does not call the election process into question.

Trump's comments were made on the basis of alleged massively widespread fraudulent voting - a much more serious charge.
    Please do not tell me what to do.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    almost all of Trump's comments about election rigging pre election were opportunistic and inflammatory, he wanted to get a rise out of the right wingers and ensure that he got the right wingers out to vote, he knew exactly what he was doing and succeeded
    I agree with that. I also believe that there was in fact illegal voting going on. Take the Detroit precincts for example. That is why I want President Elect Trump to do a complete review and reform of our election process.

N.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It was bluster from a candidate. Dreallygo at itu get thean same in your country?

We do over here. Politicians smeer each other all the time.

Remember the run up to Brexit, Tony? Remember the same being said about vote rigging? Bluster ahead of a possible loss. Big deal.

I sometimes watch your British parliament on cspan, Terry. They really go at it hammer and tongs...I think that's the British phrase. They really put one another down, under a thin veil of politeness of course. It's really pretty entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post

I sometimes watch your British parliament on cspan, Terry. They really go at it hammer and tongs...I think that's the British phrase. They really put one another down, under a thin veil of politeness of course. It's really pretty entertaining.
    mmmmmm
    I think our UK Politicians are often incredibly childish in the way they put down each other, they have parliamentary privilege which means that they can not be sued for libel for stuff that is said within the HoP. I think it's a sensible law so that things can be brought up that would otherwise be silenced by people with big fat lawyers. However sometimes the behaviour is just really childish.

Given Trump's propensity for uncontrollable falsification, controlled evasion is probably about as close to honesty as he gets.

Yes, hammer & tongs is the right phrase.

If you ever want to show your kids how not too behave at work, let them watch our Parliament. I've never worked at a company where that behaviour would be tolerated. Geering, booing, cries of shame, laughing & gloating.

It's all polite barbs. It may say "the honourable gentleman" in the sentence but underneath it's still calling someone less polite things. It's very tit for tat.

Basically the main opposition spend 5 years pointing out the failures of the current government when very often the opposition did nothing, did worse or caused the situation! Politics seems to be the only place you can get away with that and people don't care. Many in the public will remember though and see for the BS that it is.

Doh!
    I'm not getting the '10' thing? Am I being dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Days until the T man takes office.

Positive and very scary thoughts
    Oh .............

:(

Dear!

Page 91 of 357 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread Information