Thread: heart attack anxiety

heart attack anxiety

Hi am new on here. Over the past few months have been having chest pains and heart palpataions. Been to doctors for an ecg and blood test but everything is normal. I still can't get the idea of of my head that i am going to have a heart attack eventhough medical evidence suggest otherwise i keep thinking they've missed something in the tests. Can anyone relate?

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya lauramakin97 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: heart attack anxiety

I can definitely relate. It helped me to read through the symptoms forum....there is a section dedicated to heart worries. Reading everyone else's symptoms and seeing how they mirrored mine really helped me to move past that worry. Best of luck!

Re: heart attack anxiety

I can relate to you. I am 38 with 2 kids, husband and lovely home. I have everything. But i cannot get rid of these awful anxiety attacks where i fixate on chest pains, issues taking deep breaths and feeling like my throat is closing. Its just dreadful. I too have had various tests. I am fine. Some episodes make me want to run to A&E and the sensible part of my brain so far has stopped me (only exception being the first attack i ever had which was 4 years ago). I feel like a nutcase! Probably doesn't help you but its good to know other people go through similar experiences.

Thread Information