Thread: Afraid of mice

Afraid of mice

Hi! I'm brand new to this page. In fact, I've never been part of any support group. I have a debilitating fear of mice. It's been a problem for years, but since August, I've become a single parent and it has become necessary for me to go back to work. I love my new job, but yesterday, I found lots of mouse droppings. I had someone remove everything from the cabinet, I vacuumed and replaced everything. But knowing I have to go back Monday and face this problem is frightening me!
    Any advice?

Re: Afraid of mice

Hi cmore, phobias are so tough. The only advice I have is to perhaps seek counselling for your condition? As far as I know the most successful treatment for phobias is exposure therapy. It may be that with having to be exposed to the reality of coming in contact with a mouse at work might just help you to overcome this fear. However I would say that if it gets to a point where you are avoiding work you should definitely think about seeing a psychologist.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya cmore and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Afraid of mice

We have mice in the workplace as well (despite pest control). I've found mouse droppings on my desk and I keep my office quite organized and clean. I just keep a couple of humane traps around (caught 3 this year). No biggie.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information