Thread: Please help

Please help

Hi all, I have had anx and pa's for about 11 years for the last 2 they have been non existent really. For the last 2 weeks they have come back with a vengeance :( . Well I had one today which made me extremely hot and felt like I couldn't breathe, I was out at the time and left the restaurant and came home. I'm really tired and laying in bed but don't want to fall asleep ad I'm scared it's a heart attack coming on and I might not wake up. Please someone help.

Re: Please help

Hi Kaijo84,

You need reassurance and you have said it yourself;
    I have had anx and pa's for about 11 years
    You know rationally, it is the anxiety, but the Mind is trying to tell you otherwise.
    Over the 11 years, how many times have you felt like this?

If you are feeling tired, then you have done the right thing by resting. You probably do need a good sleep. Nothing is going to happen to you. If you don't fall asleep, then you will have rested. It's that awful feeling of dread that makes you think this way.

I am coming through a relapse myself and you DO need rest and relaxation to fight this. Listen to your body and rest it if it is tired and feed it if is hungry. Exercise it if you feel energised and on a 'good day', you can catch up on the chores.

Think of it logically. You would not be having a heart attack if you made it home, got to bed and then fired up your computer. Stay Positive.

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Listen to some nice music, get yourself a glass of water to sip, read a book and just relax! Distraction is the answer.

Re: Please help

Hi,
    You have a long history of PA. Each felt like this, I think, but none ended in heart attack. I know it is impossible to believe you'll be allright when PA is coming, but the truth is that you WILL be fine afterwards.
    Hold on and hugs!
    Are you on any meds, trying therapy?

Thread Information