Thread: Citropolam advice please

Citropolam advice please

Started on 10mg for three weeks to build myself up. Then for the last six days have been on 20mg, can honestly say i havent felt worse. I can barely keep my eyes open. My arms legsand my teeth keep chattering as soon as i put them together and stomach are twitching and jerking quite strongly and i just dont feel well. Is this normal or am i having a bad reaction. My eyes are stinging too. I am so scared something bad is happening. Have taken two 2mg diazapam . Which have done very little

Re: Citropolam advice please

It could be a side effect of the citalopram and they can cause anxiety as well Asian other thing I'd either speak to a pharmacist or ring your gp and ask to speak to a doctor, if you are ready worried you could also ring your local a&e and they tell you aswell

It may calm down eventually but I know it's not nice feeling like that I've been on them about 4 years or so now and had a few funny things when I first started but normally it does ease off amd thing get backup normal

I started straight on 20mg the first time when I had my breakdown - within days I was much worse.

If you noticed this started very soon after taking a med, I would put it down to the med. They can also increase existing anxiety/depression so it makes it feel even worse.

My experience of 2 meds now has been they make me far worse than my anxiety ever did.

The dose takes about 5 X the half life which is 35 hours for Citalopram. Until you reach that point you won't be reaching "steady-state" in your blood plasma (as much going in as coming out) and I think this makes it a rocky experience for some. After this you will be receiving a steady dose at 20mg but some people find that first week hard too.

I found with mine it started decreasing at week 3 and by week 5 I was over it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozie View Post
    It could be a side effect of the citalopram and they can cause anxiety as well Asian other thing I'd either speak to a pharmacist or ring your gp and ask to speak to a doctor, if you are ready worried you could also ring your local a&e and they tell you aswell

It may calm down eventually but I know it's not nice feeling like that I've been on them about 4 years or so now and had a few funny things when I first started but normally it does ease off amd thing get backup normal
    Thanks for the reply. I suppose it is a case of just mustering through

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I started straight on 20mg the first time when I had my breakdown - within days I was much worse.

If you noticed this started very soon after taking a med, I would put it down to the med. They can also increase existing anxiety/depression so it makes it feel even worse.

My experience of 2 meds now has been they make me far worse than my anxiety ever did.

The dose takes about 5 X the half life which is 35 hours for Citalopram. Until you reach that point you won't be reaching "steady-state" in your blood plasma (as much going in as coming out) and I think this makes it a rocky experience for some. After this you will be receiving a steady dose at 20mg but some people find that first week hard too.

I found with mine it started decreasing at week 3 and by week 5 I was over it all.
    Thanks Terry. Reply really helps. Been really worried i have mnd, just cant seem to shake it

I didn't last long on Citalopram, I couldn't concentrate, was tired and above all my anxiety went sky high.... sol I came off after about two months.... Go see the GP and ask to try another if your not happy, im on Sertraline now and feel loads better

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

The side effects will continue. I'm nearly at 4 weeks and have a lot of what you describe. They say somewhere between the 4 and 6 week mark things improve. So I'm guessing that means less intense side effects too

I am on week four now and my side effects have been relatively mild. I had the sleepiness and yawning but that all wore off the third week. The only side effect I have now is constipation (hahaha). Your symptoms should definitely be decreasing soon.

Thread Information