Hi There,

I've been suffering from HA for about 8 years now. But recently my concerns have focused on my head. I've been suffering from headaches for about 3 months now. Sometimes they feel like I'm wearing a very tight swimming hat and sometimes the pain seems to be regionalised. I keep getting a pain that seems to stem from the base of my neck and runs up the back of my head and over to the side. Sometimes the pain is like a sharp stabbing pain sometimes its more of a constant pressure. It feels like my head is grazed and my scalp is slightly tender to touch.

The only time the pain goes is at night and strangely enough when I'm at the gym.

I've been to see my doctor who explained that this is a common complaint and is probably due to tight muscles in my neck and shoulders, he also said that the pain could be a neuralgia type pain again caused by the tight muscles constricting the nerves.

I've been prescribed muscle relaxants, which have made no difference so of course I have convinced myself that it's not what the doctor told me and that its something much worse.

My question is does what I've described sound like neuralgia rather than something more sinister?

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks

Bx