Thread: Female Question

Female Question

Hello all!

I am a little concerned... I am currently mid-cycle and have had 3 days of light brown spotting. Has anyone experienced this? 2 days before this started I had intercourse with my husband and had a bit of blood after. The next day I was clear and then this spotting started a day after that. I am so tired of these issues!

I saw my gyno in January and all was fine... I told him that I have frequently been having bleeding after sex. He thought it was from my prior LEEP procedure and said if the area that was treated was sore he could put something on it that would clear it up. But when he looked he said everything was fine. He said I had him "stumped!" He said it was probably related to my cycle, whatever that means.

I guess I just want to know if anyone else has had this and how many days it lasts?!

Thanks!
    Lola

Re: Female Question

hi lola

i have this spotting a week befor my period every time .
    i have asked my doctor the same as you have and she gave the same reasons for it happening.
    i wouldnt stress about it it seems like there are lots of us that it happens to .and if the doc took a look then i think you will be ok hun
    jodie xxXXXxx

Hi. Try not to worry. Although this does not happen to me personally, I have heard that spotting is normal for some women. It can also be caused by your contraception if you are using any. My friend has used both the pill and the coil and she had spotting with both.

Hope this helps.

Love shoegal xxx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't think it's anything to worry about. I once had light brown spotting mid-cycle lasting about 5/6 days for 4 consecutive periods. I went to the doctor who couldn't find anything wrong and put it down to anxiety and said that it would eventually go.... which it did!

when you ovulate mid cycle it can cause some spotting due to the egg being released. Also when you are perimenopausal it can cause spotting.
    Also you mention the blood is brown which usually means it is old blood (which is a good thing).

i get this too. i do suffer from polycystic ovaries so i normally spot bout week before i get my period. Iv been like this for years

mandie x

Thanks guys... It is always reassuring to know others have experienced the same things

Nicola: It is so funny, because I actually commented on the thread you linked, saying how I had this and it was fine!!!

I guess this time I freaked out because it wasn't the pre-menstrual spotting that I am used to, it was mid-cycle.

But I am less freaked now and will wait and see what happens next month...

Thanks again for the support and reassurance everyone!

Love,
    Lola

Thread Information