Thread: Grateful for support system

Grateful for support system

I had a doctors appointment earlier just as a one week check in after starting meds. I have to say, I absolutely love my doc...I may be lost when he retires. The office staff was very nice to me (they always are) telling me jokes and just making me feel great. My doc was understanding, and at the end of the appointment gave me a good handshake and a pat on the back and told me that I was strong, I just had to hang on and I'd be fine.

Sounds simple, but it meant the world to me.

I gotta say, I'm going through a very rough patch right now and am hoping for brighter days on the other side, but I am so, so grateful for the people around me. I have an awesome therapist as well. They don't just prescribe meds and shove me out of the way, nor do they think my problems are trivial and ignore me. I'm beginning to see how rare that can be and how fortunate I am to have it. A little ray of hope in a dark time.

I don't know the point of the thread, I just kind of wanted to sing their praises publically I guess. But it's amazing what kind of difference it can make.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Grateful for support system

It's good to hear you have an understanding doctor, Poppy. I know you have been worried about talking to people about your mental health and it must be great to feel at ease with him. He sounds like a good guy.

Thread Information