Thread: Panic and Anxiety are my middle name

Panic and Anxiety are my middle name

Hello Forum. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago when I had what I thought was a heart attack, but it turned out to be a very bad panic attack. I have had issues all my life with resting tachycardia etc... and I'm generally a very nervous person, especially about my health. I had a doctor once prescribe the wrong medication and it nearly killed me, so I'm absolutely terrified of doctors and medicine, and I have a phobia about them.

I came to this forum because I can't get well. I have adult onset asthma. Any allergy med gives me tachycardia, so now they want me on Montelukast/Singulair. I am so scared to take it because it lists psychological effects like "panic/anxiety/depression/suicide" etc... and I'm scared that I'll have that reaction to this medication.

I think, if I could get over my fear and just try the medication it might help me. But I'm scared to even try it. This feels bonkers and if I say to my doctor, "hi, I'd like to just hang out in your office all day after I take this medication, in case, you know, my heart starts beating at 220 BPM's and I have a heart attack then I'll be right here..." except I know they'd think I was bonkers, or put me in a mental ward. Right now I feel "bonkers." I feel like some stupid kid who can't get over her fear of the dark. I hate having this issue and feel like I'm some kind of weirdo freak.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Retrogurl7 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information