Thread: Blood test

Blood test

Hi all
    Had my annual blood test this week, this always makes me nervous.
    Always have trouble finding a vein,and they got two and a quarter samples before the blood stopped coming out . The nurse thought it would be enough.
    Phoned today for the results but only thyroid (which was ok) blood count (OK)
    Blood sugar (OK ) but then told lab could not do liver function , kidney function and cholesterol. And will need another blood test.!
    Of course I'm thinking all the wrong things such as is there something wrong or just one of those things?
    My anxiety has been good these last few years I don't want to slip back, it's bad enough approaching my sixtieth birthday with the realisation I'm old haha.
    Has this happened to any one else ?

Re: Blood test

There is no problem at all its just that the nurse did not get enough blood for all the tests to be done. Some tests like liver function require quite alot of blood. My mother in law always had this problem as no one could ever get blood out of her and the number of times a little blood was sent away and it came back as not enough and they would have to start all over again.

I too am very bad at letting my blood out and I have only one arm that works and I always go to the same person at my Drs practise for blood tests as she is always good. I live in dread of having to have anyone else doing it.

So you have no need whatsoever to worry about the tests not done, the lab machines that do these tests won't do them without the right amount of blood. Better luck next time!

Thanks countrygirl
    You now what it's like, a molehill is a mountain !
    Your comments helped a lot thanks xx

Retest Monday.

Thread Information