Thread: Day 7 of meds

Unhappy Day 7 of meds

Hello, it's day 7 on citalapram for me! I'm not feeling the benefits yet. A few annoying physical symptoms (grinding my teeth, no appetite, tired by 2pm) I can deal with this if the outcome is worth it. I did take cit before but it was a long time ago, I can't remember what it felt like! Please advise and share experiences.

Re: Day 7 of meds

Hi, I'm only starting to get some signs of improvement and I'm 5 weeks in. At the completion of the the 4th week I finally started to get some good moments, they are starting to last longer as time goes on. So the 4-6 weeks to show improvement is pretty true

Oh well, 3 weeks to go until things get better. I can try to keep busy with work until then and hope they give me some relief! I'm only taking 10mg but will be asking for 20mg on my next visit. Thanks for your insight!

To be completely honest with you, after having a few good days today has been pretty bad for me. I just want to sleep and I have no motivation. Headache and anxiety.

I was definately a lot worse a few weeks ago and was where you are now. I think the best advice I got from my doctor was to stop searching the Internet and looking for reassurance. Focus on other things and kinda a accept that once starting a medication things will take time.

Remember though if you're going to increase things will get worse before they get better. I was pretty ok on 10mg the first 7 days before going up to 20mg, that's when it all seemed a lot worse.

We will all get through it, good luck!

Thank you. I'm going back to work today so am hoping that tiers me out a bit more than moping around the house! Big step for me today! Wish me luck!

Citalopram takes 4-8 wks to effectively start to improve your depression and anxiety. Ive been on and off it for 12 years.

The downsides are the early few weeks of side effects that may increase your depression and anxiety - they can be very difficult to tolerate for some people but you must endure the side effects if you want to try and get the full benefits of citalopram. I learned that from this site a few years ago. Stick with it, trust me - you will realise it was worth it.

Thread Information