Thread: Week 16 no improvement

Week 16 no improvement

Hi guys

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Just looking for a bit of advice as to where I go from here. I am suffering with GAD and obsessive thoughts.

I tried Sertraline up to 150mg with no real improvement and was moved to Citalopram. I have had 7 weeks 20mg and 9 weeks at 40 mg

I feel at moments my anxiety is so intense that I feel as though I am not taking anything for it. The only thing keeping me sane is CBT and everything which I have learnt, but I just need a little extra help from medication which I don't feel I am getting.

I have also tried Pregabalin whilst on the Citalopram with not much joy.

Am I being impatient or do you think a change is called for? Paxil has a good rep for obsessions but I don't know of anyone taking it, other options would be Escitalopram or Prozac? my GP wants to move to amitriptyline but I have no idea about that for GAD/OCD

Re: Week 16 no improvement

I can't really help to much with other medications as I've only ever taken cit but after 9 weeks on 40mg with no improvement would be worth a trip back to your doctor. Sometimes people have to try a few meds before they find the right one for them. Have you had any improvement from the cit?

Hey Perry,
    It depends what you're expecting out of it, it should offer some relief, I'd say my anxiety is reduced by a third but not more because of them.
    If you feel you're getting zero out of them then you need to go back, there's LOTS of alternatives.

Thanks for replies guys

Yes I feel I have such intense moments of anxiety that after 16 weeks I should be more stable. I just think it has just been through CBT and ACT which helps me. At the minute I just don't know what is coming and from what direction, I would say its not doing much and feels no different to 150mg Sertraline or adding in Pregablin.

Would you go for another SSRI? for GAD and obsessions?

Thread Information