Thread: overactive bladder

overactive bladder

I have OCD and it often manifests itself as health anxiety.

I just went thru an agonizing 6 months.

My job transferred out of state and I was forced to find a new one.

I found a new one with a startup consulting company and grew to hate it so much I quit. I was a poor fit with the company's culture. I answered to the CTO who was incredibly type A, where I am incredibly type B.

I tried to make it work but was constantly butting heads with the CTO.

Ultimately, I was given sole responsibility for a product using technology I explicitly said during the interview process I had no experience with. This was ignored and I was told the success of this was a make or break thing for the company and I had 6 weeks to become expert enough to pull it off or I'd be fired.

I cannot begin to express the amount of stress this caused

I always drink a lot of water and one day, in the middle of this, i started going to the bathroom to pee about once an hour. This lasted about a day but I still find I can't drink as much water as I used to.

Who has urinary problems like this due to anxiety?

Re: overactive bladder

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! I've had this problem for 2 months now and I was freaking out about it but I noticed that it was bc I focused on it more. I finally have it under control! And if you are drinking lots of water it's normal to go a lot. I mean where is all the water going to go?

What have you done to get it under control?

Yesterday I started keeping track of how much I drink vs how much I go.

Do you drink coffee/tea/caffeinated stuff? If so, how much?

How do you distract yourself when you're sitting there and start thinking about it?

How much times did you end up going? Honestly, I tried to rationalize myself. Like ok Jeinny there is nothing wrong with you. It's normal to go a lot of you drink lots of water and I told myself over and over again. And no I don't drink that much caffeine but I do drink lots of tea which makes me go a lot more. Do you wake up at night to pee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeinny16 View Post
    How much times did you end up going? Honestly, I tried to rationalize myself. Like ok Jeinny there is nothing wrong with you. It's normal to go a lot of you drink lots of water and I told myself over and over again. And no I don't drink that much caffeine but I do drink lots of tea which makes me go a lot more. Do you wake up at night to pee?
    So far today I've had about 48oz of water, 2 large cups of coffee and a cup of team since 6am (it's 5:00pm now)

I have gone to the restroom 4 times of the 6-8 that are supposed to be average.

I've been keeping a record and today seems normal based of what I read.

I have not been trying to drink water like I normally do, but I only drank more than this to not get dehydrated when I work out.

Today was a pretty normal workout and I felt fine.

I do wake up and night and feel like I have to go, but I usually just roll over and go back to sleep. That's been going on a long time (years) and isn't a concern per my last physical. I'm not running to the bathroom and in figure if I can fall back to sleep there's not much urgency there.

Then there's nothing wrong. You're absolutely normal. There is lots of post here about frequency/urgency and it is a major anxiety symptom! Because when you think about going to the restroom a lot you end up going more. And remember caffeine is diuretic so it will make you go more.
    Last edited by Jeinny16; 01-03-16 at 00:02. Reason: I meant to say major instead of minor

Thread Information