Thread: Citalopram side effects help?

Citalopram side effects help?

Hi, have been on 10mg citalopram approx 3 months it has not really agreed with me but I stuck it out and this is why I have stayed at 10mg and now have decreased it a little as I am looking to come off it as although I started taking it in the evening because of side effects and it helped, I am now noticing at the same time every day I start to feel funny/light headed on and off and then at the same time in the afternoon I become totally exhausted / feel funny until about the time every evening when I suddenly start to feel better (about the time I am due to take the next tablet) My gp says to persevere or some off them. I'm wondering whether escitalopram or Prozac may be better ? I am of course worried about trying anything else due to side effects etc... Has anyone else experienced this after 3 months ?
    Last edited by Kathkat; 28-02-16 at 16:38. Reason: Spelling

Re: Citalopram side effects help?

Your GP seems to have a pretty poor attitude here. 10mg is half the minimum therapeutic dose so after 3 months if they are not helping, they should be encouraging you to increase the dose at least unless they offer a switch because you can't tolerate the 10mg.

My GP said exactly the same to me, he even went as far as stating there were no other antidepressants!

Thread Information