Thread: Why now? And not when I was actually stressed?

Why now? And not when I was actually stressed?

How is it that I had a stressful end of last week, u may/may not have read my previous post, hubby had colonoscopy, polyp removed, blah blah, panic panic.

I was worried, but no panic attack (that's what I'm calling my dizzy, sicky episodes?? I presume that's what they are)

I gradually relax over the weekend and today, I realise that my daughters parents evening clashes with his return appointment next week and bam.... Panic attack.

Why did I get through the really stressful day Friday and all weekend without one.... Then be hit tonight when I was feeling relaxed????

Unfair :-(

Re: Why now? And not when I was actually stressed?

Typical anxiety. I always liken it to a creepy ex. Doesn't get the hint, creeps and turns up when and where you least and really expect it ha. I've had weeks where ive been fine, had symptoms then bam, anxiety is back.

Re: Why now? And not when I was actually stressed?

I've posted about this before... You may think you were relaxed and perhaps mentally you were BUT....

Anxiety is like a campfire. When it's burning hot, you experience all the crazy symptoms. But when the flames subside, there are still a big bed of hot coals still burning and all it takes is a little fuel and it's burning hot again. And just like those hot coals, it takes a while for them to totally go out.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information