Thread: Ovary Cancer Worries

Ovary Cancer Worries

Hello all,

Recently my OBGYN told me I had polycystic ovaries, and I was referred to an endocrinologist to see if i had PCOS. After doing blood work and having no symptoms other than pelvic pain, the endocrinologist did not seem to think I had PCOS. The pelvic pain did concern her because it has been going on for over a year, so she wanted a CT scan of my pelvis and abdomen. I'm terrified it might be cancer. I'm feeling so scared and alone right now. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or does anyone with ovarian cysts get constant pain? I can't help but think the worst.
    Please help ease my mind!

Thank you all!

Re: Ovary Cancer Worries

Hi Lily!

I had a ruptured ovarian cyst early last year, and let me tell you, they are NOT fun!
    I had pain (constant) for at least 3 or 4 months, but since then, it has been quite infrequent.
    While it is very unlikely it is cancer (considering how many smaller, much less serious things could be going on), the only thing you can do is trust your doctor and try and manage your stress levels (definitely not easy).
    Thinking about a symptom makes it worse, as your brain is hyper-aware of the pain and this can cause it to go from a mild ache to a severe-doubled-over-in-pain type of ache.
    I know sometimes you can feel so trapped in your body, but realistically, if your doctor was concerned, he would make it very known.
    Let me know how everything goes!!
    -Brea

Thread Information