Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: scared

scared

Sorry to keep posting but please is this normal in anxiety as woke up i felt really anxiouse and all of a sudden i started to think i cant cope with feeling like this nomore i even ended up crying because i was so scared im loosing it and having a nervouse breakdown ive never felt like this before, i even foned my gp surgeryup to get my gp to ring me because i felt so scared he is going to fone me at 4, i just feel so scared.

Re: scared

Yes feeling scared is part of it at least it is for me, what is it you are afraid of, you don't have to say but telling you gp may get you other help.

Don't worry about how many posts and threads you do, when I get severe anxiety I could do one an hour.

Clare

Are you on any meds to help?

As awful as it feels, yes, it is anxiety. Are you taking any medication or doing anything else to cope with it?

Thk you all for getting back to me Im not on any meds and just waiting for some kind of therapy but not sure how long that will be as i dont want to take meds.

Quote Originally Posted by tricia56 View Post
    Thk you all for getting back to me Im not on any meds and just waiting for some kind of therapy but not sure how long that will be as i dont want to take meds.
    What you described in your first post sounds like what I was like at my worst and it was truly terrifying so I know exactly how you feel. I honestly didn't think anxiety could make me feel that way. I promise though it does get easier, especially after the more you learn about anxiety and when you face and accept it instead of trying to hide it and run away from it. That is the hard part though and it took me years to master it. I never took meds for any of my MH conditions either, mainly due to OCD contamination fears and plus I had seen my family become dependent on anti depressants. If you are waiting for CBT and its not deemed as urgent then it can be a long wait depending on your area. I only had to wait for 2 months but mine was deemed as urgent because of my OCD but my stepdad got CBT for his panic attacks and anxiety and he had to wait 11 months I think it was.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

sometimes a combination of meds and CBT or some other therapy are neded to help bring relief

Tricia, I feel scared, frightened and very alone most days. It is anxiety, but knowing that doesn't help really.

I am a 47 year old Mum of 4, but I feel like a terrified child when I am at my worst. I think the alone feeling is the worst, which is why I post on here.

I hope your GP was able to help you today. Sometimes it takes a professional to calm me down.

More than anything I wanted to tell you people on here care, and understand.

How'd you get on with the doc?

Hi everyone thk you all so much for your kindness and support im feeling a little better now thk you i spoketo gp over the fone and told how ive been feeling and fel lightheaded and my arms keep going weak she said that im probly more aniouse because of the frieght i had on thursday and been to scared to stand up incase i got dizzy and passout which i did post on the health anxietyforum at the week end and to just try and forget about it now and because i keep getting lightheaded if it doent go in then next few dsys to make a appointment to get my blood pressure checked , like you caroline i m 59 and react like a teriefied when i m so overwelmed with anxiety , you would think that having sufferd 10yrs with it i wouldbe able to cope with it alot better and not beso scared of it .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information