Thread: Day 12 of meds - getting better

Day 12 of meds - getting better

Just an update from where I was on day 7:
    *Things are getting better, my appetite has returned (although still not 100%).
    *I've started taking my tablet at tea time and I find my sleep is less disturbed.
    *I'm also feeling less nauseous.i have immersed myself into work which is helping take my mind off my problems.

Anyone struggling in those early days - keep going!

Re: Day 12 of meds - getting better

Hi well done on starting ya meds glad there working forvu I've been on citalopram for bout week now still feel crappy and are hoping to feel better soon x

Great to read positive reviews
    I'm day 28 today & although I'm far from back to normal I'm definitely better than I was 3 weeks ago.
    I started taking mine at tea time too with good effect. Don't really get any of the effects I had in the early days like teeth grinding/jaw clenching & headaches so that's good.
    Keep us updated on your progress!
    X

I'm finding it hard to believe these pills are going to change my life I mean I'm guna stick with them but I can believe how bad I'm feeling I'm guna feel better ?

I felt the same Beckie when I first started them. Sometimes I don't feel like I'm getting better at all, what I find useful is I kept a small diary when I started them - just jotting down what I'd done that day & rating my anxiety out of 5.
    Now when I look back to a few weeks ago I can see I didn't even leave the house or eat anything & my anxiety was 5/5 most days, compared to a few weeks later where I can see I managed to go shopping or go out for dinner & my anxiety is only 2/5. It boosts me when I feel like I'm not making progress x

I think you go through stages but it can be that gradual that you don't notice. I increased 5 weeks ago. I'm not there yet but when I think back to how I was then it shows how far I've come. I was wKing in the night, extreme anxiety and couldn't go to work. Now I'm back at my job, I sleep and eat well and no anxiety at all. Just going through that flat stage at the minute. I'm not depressed but I'm not happy either, I just feel very flat and I can't feel happy or excited. From experience this has passed so I'm giving it till the 8 week mark and then pop back to my docs and see about increasing again if no change. Hang in there Beckie a week is still very early days x

Thread Information