Thread: Sensation of someone poking me/pressure upper back between shoulders left side

Sensation of someone poking me/pressure upper back between shoulders left side

I keep getting this weird sensation that someones applying pressure or almost poking me in the muscle between my shoulder and spine on the left side. It's really freaking me out.

I have had a lot of pain between my shoulder blades over the last 8months or so and one of my vertebrae hurts when i press down on it. Its only been the last month or two I have had this weird sensation of someone poking me, I just don't know whats going on and Im petrified I've got some sort of tumour or something! I am really freaking out.
    It started off a couple of times a day but now it's multiple times a day.

I am 25, I haven't had any accidents or anything. I am agoraphobic/housebound.

Anyone had these symptoms ?!?

Re: Sensation of someone poking me/pressure upper back between shoulders left side

Hi Eevie,
    I would make a call to your GP and get an appointment. If you can't face leaving the house (I am assuming your GP knows this?) ask them for a home visit or a telephone consultation. Just talking with your GP should be enough to reassure you that it's nothing serious. It sounds like anxiety and your GP will be able to advise you after seeing you and/or discussing it with you.
    C X

Re: Sensation of someone poking me/pressure upper back between shoulders left side

Yes my gp knows about my agoraphobia.
    I will contact them next week, it's just that I have had the pain on one vertebrae for quite some time now so am wondering if its to do with that, hopefully i can get some answers next week!

I would not be at all surprised if its not coming from your spine. I have prolapsed neck disc and I get alot of weird sensations in my head and face. The weirdest one is a feeling as if a centipede with clogs on is walking up and down my left temple/cheek area. Its not a pain its an intense sensation and its caused by my neck muscles being so tense that the nerves at the top of my neck are getting irritated. Its unpleasant but not a sign of anything nasty with me.

You don't need to have a disc problem like mine though you could just have tense muscles for all sorts of reasons and if they are tense enough then they irritate nerves.

I would def see your Gp sometime just so they can examine you and possibly find the sore area and explain things and maybe refer you for physio etc.

Thank you for your reply countrygirl , I am sorry for the late reply I have only just seen your message!

Yes I don't actually think this is just down to anxiety and I do think its coming from the spine as I have had so much pain on the spine itself for months, one vertebrae hurts to touch a lot and even brushing over that area hurts, it hurts central on the vertibrae but also a little off to the left and the weird numbness or feeling like someones poking me in the back started a couple of months ago and is also on the left so wouldn't surprise me if its linked.

My posture is most likely really poor as I sit on my laptop a lot and I don't get up and about much as I am agoraphobic and I tend not to be very active... I know I should be!!

It could all be from being tense and poor posture, I did think about a slipped disc myself,

How was your disc issue diagnosed? Through scans?

thank you again for your reply it was really helpful

Thread Information