Thread: Googling does NOT help.

Googling does NOT help.

I couldn't regret this more right now lol. I was chatting with a friend and he was telling me a story about how someone came up to him and started asking him all these questions about what he's gonna do after highschool. I was thinking to myself "I swear you told me this before" so I asked him and he's like yeah I remember but this is a different guy. I remember yesterday I had another deja vu moment so I decided to Google "frequent deja vu" all I saw was how it's a early symptom to Psychosis and Schizophrenia and I started to panic and thought "I also had a deja vu moment a week ago" and I went into a full blown panic attack worrying about everything. I hate over analysing everything.

Re: Googling does NOT help.

Well what I suggest you do is look at the threads by TomT and gatsby12 because they have the exact same issues and some of the psychology behind deja vu is explained.

There are legitimate reasons for why this happens, or rather why we perceive these things happening.

What you saw was how Google presents information yet if you searched for the right things you would have seen psychology principles explained about this phenomena. Have a look at those guy's threads, they will explain this and I imagine they will post on your thread if they notice the deja vu part.

I had many deja vu moments many years before my anxiety, my parents have had them throughout their lives (they are now mid seventies) and guess what? None of us have any form of psychosis, schizophrenia, etc and never have had.

You also need to remember that a diagnosis isn't hinged on one thing, a doctor looks at other symptoms to confirm or disprove and this is something people on here tend to struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well what I suggest you do is look at the threads by TomT and gatsby12 because they have the exact same issues and some of the psychology behind deja vu is explained.

There are legitimate reasons for why this happens, or rather why we perceive these things happening.

What you saw was how Google presents information yet if you searched for the right things you would have seen psychology principles explained about this phenomena. Have a look at those guy's threads, they will explain this and I imagine they will post on your thread if they notice the deja vu part.

I had many deja vu moments many years before my anxiety, my parents have had them throughout their lives (they are now mid seventies) and guess what? None of us have any form of psychosis, schizophrenia, etc and never have had.

You also need to remember that a diagnosis isn't hinged on one thing, a doctor looks at other symptoms to confirm or disprove and this is something people on here tend to struggle with.
    You see when I calm down I know I'm fine but I can't shake this. It's all I worry about on the daily. It is my worst case scenario. Losing my sanity. I feel as if I'm going to think myself into it.

The more you work on those triggers you are finding, the more you will get past this but it does take time. It's about learning not to negatively respond to triggers but it's hard to do, especially at first.

Mindfulness helped me with my intrusive thoughts, it might be worth a go? You could practice that when you have time alone at home when those thoughts seem to come.

Thread Information