Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine good for depression ?

Re: Mirtazapine good for depression ?

Thank you for replying, knowing someone is listening helps. I'm pleased your meds are working for you
    I've just been to see my GP who says it could be 6-8 weeks before I see any improvements and I could get worse before I get better. So I'm going to have a fun couple of months! She renewed my sick note till beginning of may that will go down like a lead balloon at work

3 weeks since I increased and it seems to be doing the trick ( hope I'm not jinxing myself)
    I feel the fog lifting and my mornings are improving. I don't have that awful fear of the day as intense as I used to and my motivation is improving too
    Last time I increased it ended badly but I think the combo of pregablin and mirtazapine are finally working well together

Really good news, Lan! Fingers crossed that things continue to improve for you and that life can become more manageable. I admire you for how much you have persevered with your meds through thick and thin-hopefully this time you've cracked it and have a good Summer to look forward to and beyond,of course! xx

Thank you pulisa
    It's been one hell of a fight and I'm hoping this depression and anxiety has finally surrendered lol
    I just need the work issue dealt with so I can hopefully move on with my life

Hey Lan,

Have you looked back at your posts from ages ago? I bet you would see how different you seem to us now. You come across as focussed on recovery as opposed to the struggle of meds and symptoms.

Well done.

Hi Lan,

More strength to you. Don't worry about how it goes down at work - they will cope. Someone else will be happy picking up the extra work, I am sure.

Whoever is in charge of hiring staff will have to deal with it, but they will. You are giving lots of notice, not a couple of hours before you are due to start, which is the real angst for supervisors.

That is such good news Lan, thanks for letting us know. It is amazing when we finally find a combination that works...I still just feel grateful that I'm able to enjoy the simple things like sitting down with a cup of tea or making caramel shortbread for the kids (and me).

Don't know much about your work situation but hoping you can get that sorted soon and are able to keep enjoying the improvement.

Thanks peeps
    I'm not out of the woods yet like I say but I think I see a clearing ahead.
    Just had a quick look at my old posts, helped me realise how far I have come.
    I've done everything I can think of to help myself mainly forcing myself out of the house everyday, joining groups and meeting new people. Some days are easier than others. I also enjoy just being able to sit and relax watching TV or reading a book.
    Whatever happens on Friday happens, I do hope I keep my job but maybe I'm not meant to return there ! Maybe I'm supposed to do something else .... I still believe some things happen for a reason

You've done so well to keep persevering Lan. I can understand that feeling of being better but still fragile - not out of the woods but seeing the clearing.

Will be thinking of you on Friday

Speaking as someone who really struggles with being able to sit still and relax it must be great to be able to do these things now, Lan. I wish you all the very best for Friday-what will be, will be! xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information