Thread: A little help or encouragement

A little help or encouragement

Well, I'm really trying to get better and I did for about a week and BAM right back to feeling terrible. I was diagnosed with Anxiety at the ER after thinking I was dying or about to have a heart attack. They made me sign a form that I'm agreeing to see a PCP or Family Doctor after my insurance kicked in, which it did March 1st.

Now, I've had a blood test that tested this stuff: CBC, Anion Gap & Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. All came back normal or so close to normal except a Liver Enzyme that was slightly elevated and the doctor wasn't worried. I had a Chest X-Ray, which I was told showed no red flags and then multiple stethoscopes to listen to my vitals and those were fine.

I'm a 28 year old male and just have never dealt with anything like this... I should see a doctor & explain what's going on, right? I'm assuming I'll be out on medication of some sort, which is fine as I have cousins and aunts who suffer from anxiety. My father has had multiple panic attacks and my mom, sister and dad all have high BP, which I have (when I begin panicking).

Not sure if other tests are needed or what but I should go in, right? I need to get better for myself and my girlfriend and friends and family. It's been almost 2 months now.

This board is awesome!!

Re: A little help or encouragement

Hi Nick.

It would be a good idea to see your GP. He will undoubtedly want to prescribe anti-depressants, which helps to manage the condition. But, not all of us on here take Meds. Even if you decide to take them, there are other options to help you.
    Maybe seeing a therapist, doing some relaxation and gentle exercise and you will more than likely have to change your diet. Processed foods are the worst for anxiety; so is coffee and unfortunately alcohol as well. I have not doubt that you will get plenty of advice on here, but look at the positive here, you passed all of the tests at the hospital.

Re: A little help or encouragement

I've cut down on alcohol intake. I'm managing my diet better and getting back in the gym and back in better shape. I stopped going to the gym and haven't been as active as I used to be. I'm a lifelong athlete and a very good one at that. I think I'm on the right track, but those evil thoughts keep creeping in my head.

Also, I've been replacing coffee with tea, as I used to drink a couple cups per day and I used to drink 2 or 3 times per week, that's down to the occasional drink because I'm scared I'm hurting my already bad condition.... Yes, I kow, that sounds nuts. Oh and I don't have a HP as before I never went to the doctor.

Thread Information