Thread: New to Venlafaxine

Thumbs down New to Venlafaxine

Hi. Id just like to introduce myself as a new member to this Forum. I am a female, 54 years old, and have suffered from anxiety and depression for most of my adult life. I have taken various meds over the years, had counselling and have developed a variety of coping strategies, some healthy, some less healthy, I have periods of being really well, and life is good, but then I'm unwell again and everything begins to unravel, I'm sure many of you are familiar with this pattern and how life limiting this can be in the long term. At the moment, I've hit a bad patch. I came off Sertraline(Lustral),six months ago, ,I'd been on it for many years . At first I was Ok, but the last Three months have been very stressful, with Elderly parents and Two Deaths in the family, starting a new job and my Husband being ill. Today I went to my Doctor and have been prescribed, Venlafaxine, a week at 37.5 mcg rising to 75mcg after 2 weeks. I would appreciate any feedback on this drug as I've never taken it before and am a bit worried about side effects and other drug interactions. I have Acid reflux and Asthma as well. I'm hoping to log regularly on in the next few weeks, and am really pleased I've found this site
    to give and receive support.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya GEORDIEGIRL and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information