Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 days in, what has happened??

Re: 30 days in, what has happened??

Me!! I feel fab! I like it that much this is my second time around LOL.

Unfortunately a lot of diaries on here are when people are struggling and then when they get better they stop posting as they're out living life and having fun. I posted occasionally after I got better so anxious posters could see there is 'light at the end of the tunnel'.

I think the title was who wants to be my floux buddy or something like that.

You will get better, I promise. It's just grim right now, take it hour by hour. But you have to remember this wont last forever it is all going to go away.

I'm glad you found my diary. I have just read it. I remember those days when I couldn't even leave the house. My youngest was too young to take himself to school then so I had to keep my eldest son off school so he could take the younger one to school ... so shaming, but I was a complete mess right back then. I also remember the time I fell asleep on the sofa and when I woke up brilliant sunshine was pouring through the window and I just felt absolutely fantastic, it really was like someone had flicked a switch. But thinks changed so much, I started to work voluntarily in a local charity shop, made lots of friends, got a social life, got fat (hahaha) I just had a ball. Then for some reason I felt I should come off Fluoxetine, so I did. I did everything right, I tapered - I recently found out you don't have to with fluoxetine - and was doing well then all of a sudden loads of horrible stuff started to happen, the stress was unreal. And it was Christmas! I could feel my anxiety starting again, I was thinking about 'toothache or I bet I get toothache right now with all this shit going on, that would be just my luck' ... All my life my anxiety has been around teeth, then it moves onto something else, then something else, then something else .... it just goes on and on. I nipped it in the bud this time round, I phoned the GP's and went straight back on Fluoxetine. I remember when the Fluoxetine was in my system the first time and saying to everyone 'if this is normal, I have never been normal all my life'. This is why I say I prefer me on Fluoxetine as me not on it is a little worry wart and drives everyone bonkers, let alone myself.

You will find comfort from the diaries, I did when I started. You just have to remember that when people start to get better they stop posting as they are out and about. And one day your posts will help someone else.

The diary was such an insightful read, thank you for pointing me to it. Messages of hope and positive outcomes is what is getting me through the tougher times.

This diary massively helped me when I first started on Fluox.
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ighlight=diary

Thinking of you and hope you're doing well.

Thanks MrsCav. It has been an up and down few days. I had a doctors appointment this morning and felt OK during that. He asked if I thought i was on the right dose and said yes. Then this afternoon I got all anxious thinking perhaps i should be on a higher dose? The anxiety is still there and surely it should be going now? I think its just the anxiety messing with me today. Hope you are still doing well?

It's five weeks before it's fully into your system, so you will still have up and down days. I found 20mg to suit me, but I never tried upping the dose either. I promise you once it's in your system fully and the anxiety has gone you will feel much better. Stick at it, hour by hour, day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by livinginhope View Post
    not a great day again but I'm trying to keep positive. I hope this will get better soon. If anyone has any positive stories of how fluoxetine helped them I would love to hear them about now! Xxx
    Hi livinginhope,

No success story here, at least not yet...but I'm almost 5 weeks in and I've hit a pretty bad blip in the ten days or so. We will get thru this. Prozac needs a good 6-8 weeks and it seems most people struggle quite a bit from week 2 until then.

I wish it would work sooner too, but until then we have to stay positive and just take it a day at a time, even an hour or minute at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information