Thread: I got desperate and asked an online doctor ... Blood clot

I got desperate and asked an online doctor ... Blood clot

Ok... so I got desperate and asked a doctor online. I was worried about an ARTERIAL blood clot in my leg and asked if it presented the same as a DVT (venous blood clot) and this is what he said... but I thought a DVT caused significant pain , not mild... Screen shot is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: I got desperate and asked an online doctor ... Blood clot

The Dr was just explaining the differences between the two. One is an immediate obvious medical emergency whilst a dvt can be slower to build and not necessarily extremely painful. My mother had one in her thigh and she was in moderate pain but her leg was tight, red and shiny and larger than the other one so absolutely obvious to a Dr.

Can I ask why do you think you have a dvt xx

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    The Dr was just explaining the differences between the two. One is an immediate obvious medical emergency whilst a dvt can be slower to build and not necessarily extremely painful. My mother had one in her thigh and she was in moderate pain but her leg was tight, red and shiny and larger than the other one so absolutely obvious to a Dr.
    Thanks. I always thought people were in extreme pain with a dvt... unable to walk or put weight on the affected leg. Thanks you for also including your moms experience with it.

I've been checked for a dvt, it's an arterial clot I'm worried about. But I thiiiiink artery supplies blood to muscles etc. And the vein supplies blood going to the heart. I'm currently worried about an arterial clot ... so far I have none of the mentioned symptoms he described. Just leg pain and cold feet and leg.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Can I ask why do you think you have a dvt xx
    I'm worried about an arterial clot because one foot and leg is colder than the other. I also have leg pain.

Im sure you will be fine I work with the elderly I see this alot it can be due to lack of mobility , they are treated and are fine ,and its swells up and tends to go red you would know if you had one try and not over think things xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Im sure you will be fine I work with the elderly I see this alot it can be due to lack of mobility , they are treated and are fine ,and its swells up and tends to go red you would know if you had one try and not over think things xx
    Is dvt you see a lot of or arterial clot? I was worried because I'll be flying soon... and with the leg oain, I wanted to make sure Ill be ok to fly... hard not worry though when you're experiencing pain.

Have you thought that your symptoms and pain could be of neurological origin in that you might have a bit of a dodgy spine. I have lots of herniated discs in my spine and I can get all sorts of leg pains and weird feelings. I have in the past had one foot much colder than the other at same times as sciatic pain in the same leg that resolved after a time.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    Have you thought that your symptoms and pain could be of neurological origin in that you might have a bit of a dodgy spine. I have lots of herniated discs in my spine and I can get all sorts of leg pains and weird feelings. I have in the past had one foot much colder than the other at same times as sciatic pain in the same leg that resolved after a time.
    Yes, where my sciatic pain is happening is where my cold feet and leg is. But from what I've read sciatic pain only gives you the feeling that it's cold, but it's not actually cold... so that had me worry that it's my circulation. But I do get sciatic pain... .

Thread Information