Hi, I have suffered from health anxiety for over 30 years. Now that I am older and my risk of getting a serious illness increases, my HA seems to be spiralling out of control. I have a constant churning stomach and worry all the time. Either about my own health or that of my children and grandchildren. I constantly seek reassurance from my family and GP. I have had various counselling in the past, but of little help to me. I am now taking 10mg propranolol 3 times a day for my palpitations and in the hope that it will ease the anxiety. Although it has helped with the palps, my anxiety is still through the roof. I have now been prescribed 10mg of citalopram to be taken once a day in addition to the propranolol. I am praying that this medication will work, only on day 3 so I've a little while before I see any benefits.
It would be nice to hear from anyone else suffering like me and who can possibly give me some reassurance please. I would prefer not to hear anything negative as I just can't deal with any extra worry at the moment.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post xx