Thread: Trying to survive

Trying to survive

Hi. I have not been on here for a couple of years, but today I need you more than ever. I've battled with depression for years, and last night it caught up with me. I got very drunk, and decided to end it. I didn't get anywhere close. I woke up in my bed, my family had eventually found me. I feel so ashamed for what I did. But I realize it was a cry for help. I just can't stop feeling sad.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Deckardblues and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Trying to survive

Thank you. I found it helpful before. I just hate feeling the way I do.

Hang in there Brother. I feel your pain. I have fought depression for 10 plus years. Did some drinking when I was in my late teens to early 20s. It's a b!tch man. Praise God though I'm not on any substances anymore. It is harder than ever but I just have to keep my eyes on the prize. For what it's worth you got prayers headed up form across the pond

I'm really sorry to hear things got so hard that you felt there was no other way out. But I'm glad your family found you. It's done, the most important thing is to look forward and see that it is possible to beat this and get your life back. Try not to be too hard on yourself, we all do things we regret in these disorders and we are our own worst critics.

You are among people who understand on here and who won't judge you, only try to support you.

Thread Information