Thread: Absolutely terrified please please help

Absolutely terrified please please help

About an hour ago my oven caught fire which scared the crap out of me. I managed to put it out the house was full of smoke. After it happened I started getting chest pain and popping sensation in chest area and side of breast . I'm absolutely terrified I'm going to have a heart attack now. When it happened my heart was hammering I still haven't stopped shaking. I am a smoker so now I'm thinking did breathing in the smoke from the oven damage me aswell. I'm so so scared. I was in hospital yesterday with chest pain and all fine plus had d dimer done to rule out clot cause of shortness of breath aswell. Are the chest pains and popping sensation just from the fright I got .x

Re: Absolutely terrified please please help

It sounds as if you anxiety was already very high with your symptoms of yesterday as they could not find any reason for your chest pain etc or am I wrong here?
    If yes then the scare of the oven fire would increase your anxiety massively and increase the symptoms you already have.
    If you only inhaled a little smoke for a few seconds then its unlikely to do you harm but if you feel you inhaled alot of smoke then yes get it checked out.
    Sorry you have had such a scare.

Honestly, what can anyone say to you to convince you that your heart is absolutely fine? You've had dozens of tests, if that doesn't convince what can anyone here say?

You would have had a massive adrenaline surge in that situation, which as country girl said , on top of the anxiety already there, would result in how you feel now.

ISB x

I'm still on edge to b honest. Still feeling the effects of it. I know my heart is fine but just chest pain getting to me. I did breathe in a lot of smoke cause downstairs got full of smoke from it . I'm hoping I'll b ok cause i can't go to a doctor again cause only saw one yesterday. Xx

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

I am worried about having breathed in the smoke as did my kids but they seem fine . I opened the door and windows straight away. Because I'm a smoker anyway I'm worrying about breathing in the smoke. I don't have a cough or anything like that but I'm just worried. It was a grease fire in the oven so the smoke was a lot.

Thread Information